How do I get these calls and texts to stop????

How do I get these calls and texts to stop????

How do I get credit card companies to stop phoning and texting my go-phone?  They're automated sales calls and texts.  The calls tell me to push one to speak to a customer service person, and I have tried that, thinking I could ask them to take me off their call list, but the call goes dead when I do that.  They come from several out-of-areas phone numbers.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 3 (416 Views)

Re: How do I get these calls and texts to stop????

[ Edited ]

The only way is by somehow speaking with them and asking them to stop calling your phone, sign up for the do not call list,  or if those dont work you can add smart limits for wireless, which allows you to block up to 30 numbers. The cost of the feature is $4.99 per line.

Message 2 of 3 (402 Views)
Highlighted
Contributor

Re: How do I get these calls and texts to stop????

I have the same problem.  Usually I ignore  (with muttered expletives) but today I tried what an ATT customer service rep suggested; reply to txt msg with the single word 'stop' in caps. Doing so set off some strange repeating cycle where every few minutes now my phone pops up a $charge message but the balance does not change. I checked my account online and see at least 25 records of a call my number supposedly made to this junk call number, one going out every minute or so. I have created a monster!

How do I get THAT to stop?!?

Also; is the $4.99 a one time charge? If not, how often is this levied?

thanks in advance.

J

Message 3 of 3 (334 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.