Helpful Links

How do I get ringtones for my iPhone?

Contributor

How do I get ringtones for my iPhone?

I want to download songs for ringtones for my iPhone, but can't find anywhere that can tell me how to do it.  Does anyone know?  I'm sick of the standard tones!

 

 

Many thanks!

14,793 Views
Message 1 of 35

Re: How do I get ringtones for my iPhone?

I'm with all of you about the junk tones that come on the iPhone. I will never forget the day I got my iPhone 3G(Dec 22 2008) and wanted to do a custom text tone. Well to my surprise I couldn't! That is what made me look into jailbreaking. I can understand why apple doesn't let you customize certain things because it can cause performance issues but a custom text tone? I hope Apple lightens up with the new iPhone Smiley Happy
Message Edited by DarkestHour00 on 06-05-2009 05:21:10 AM
Message 16 of 35
Scholar

Re: How do I get ringtones for my iPhone?


jjforau wrote:

These are all free. http://macmost.com/iphoneringtones/

 

Also, here's an application where you can download, then import a song from your iTune library and edit 30 seconds of the song to create a ringtone. http://www.iringer.net/


Thanks for this.  The ringtone creator works great and is simple to use.

Message Edited by ODCaloney on 06-05-2009 02:27:19 PM
Message 17 of 35
Professor

Re: How do I get ringtones for my iPhone?


ODCaloney wrote:

jjforau wrote:

These are all free. http://macmost.com/iphoneringtones/

 

Also, here's an application where you can download, then import a song from your iTune library and edit 30 seconds of the song to create a ringtone. http://www.iringer.net/


Thanks for this.  The ringtone creator works great and is simple to use.

Message Edited by ODCaloney on 06-05-2009 02:27:19 PM

 

i use iringer
Message 18 of 35

Re: How do I get ringtones for my iPhone?


graphite07 wrote:

ODCaloney wrote:

jjforau wrote:

These are all free. http://macmost.com/iphoneringtones/

 

Also, here's an application where you can download, then import a song from your iTune library and edit 30 seconds of the song to create a ringtone. http://www.iringer.net/


Thanks for this.  The ringtone creator works great and is simple to use.

Message Edited by ODCaloney on 06-05-2009 02:27:19 PM

 

i use iringer


Same here. It works well.
Message 19 of 35
Teacher

Re: How do I get ringtones for my iPhone?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yir8gtQA698

 

a video i made. its not that hard to put free ringtones to your iphone. as long as they are DRM free you can add it.

Message 20 of 35
Mentor

Re: How do I get ringtones for my iPhone?

Convert mp3 to Ringtone

1. Within iTunes, play song with timer showing and remember disired start time.

2. Right click on song and select "Get Info".

3. Select Options tab and check "Start Time" and enter in the desired start time from step 1.

4. Check Stop Time and enter time that is 30 seconds beyond start time (if start time is 0:20, stop time is 0:50).

5. Click OK

6. Right click on song again and select "Convert Selection to ACC".

7. Go to your documents folder and drill down to iTunes, iTunes Music.

8. Open the folder from mp3 you have been working on and change extension from mpa to mpr.

9. Double click on mpr. This will import the ringtone to the Ringtones area in iTunes.

10. Sync your iPhone and enjoy new and "free" ringtone.
Message 21 of 35
Contributor

Re: How do I get ringtones for my iPhone?

itoner you can use the trial for as long as you want. But it will make you wait like 15 sec before it does anything unless you pay. And it is simple. Close itunes but keep your iphone pluged in. and then drag and drop music or almost any sound file to the program and click the sync button.
Message 22 of 35
Guru

Re: How do I get ringtones for my iPhone?


hrhjenne wrote:

I want to download songs for ringtones for my iPhone, but can't find anywhere that can tell me how to do it.  Does anyone know?  I'm sick of the standard tones!

 

 

Many thanks!




u Cant
Message 23 of 35
Master

Re: How do I get ringtones for my iPhone?


Blond37 wrote:

hrhjenne wrote:

I want to download songs for ringtones for my iPhone, but can't find anywhere that can tell me how to do it.  Does anyone know?  I'm sick of the standard tones!

Many thanks!


u Cant

Yes you can.  You can easily use songs as ringtones.  There are many examples/tutorials in this thread that state how using different methods.

Message 24 of 35
Guru

Re: How do I get ringtones for my iPhone?


Planet-Ed wrote:

Blond37 wrote:

hrhjenne wrote:

I want to download songs for ringtones for my iPhone, but can't find anywhere that can tell me how to do it.  Does anyone know?  I'm sick of the standard tones!

Many thanks!


u Cant

Yes you can.  You can easily use songs as ringtones.  There are many examples/tutorials in this thread that state how using different methods.




yea and they sound like c---
Message 25 of 35
Master

Re: How do I get ringtones for my iPhone?

I agree that the music ringtone does not sound as clear and loud as a tone esp at higher volumes but you can do.
Message 26 of 35
Professor

Re: How do I get ringtones for my iPhone?

It sounds great if you use iTunes to make them for you. You can even make them for free without having to pay 99 cents for them.
Message 27 of 35
Guru

Re: How do I get ringtones for my iPhone?


Doppler808 wrote:
It sounds great if you use iTunes to make them for you. You can even make them for free without having to pay 99 cents for them.


tried that. Still sounds like ---
Message 28 of 35
Professor

Re: How do I get ringtones for my iPhone?

it has to do with what you downloaded they are poor quality.
Message 29 of 35
Guru

Re: How do I get ringtones for my iPhone?

I download from iTunes
Message 30 of 35
Share this topic
Announcements

Find out how to track your iPhone's delivery!

Have questions about International Plans? Get the answers on Wed. 10/25 at Hello World: International Plans, from 1-4pm ET / 10am-1pm PT!

Let us help you upgrade and activate your device!

Additional Support