How do I get ringtones for my iPhone?

Contributor

How do I get ringtones for my iPhone?

I want to download songs for ringtones for my iPhone, but can't find anywhere that can tell me how to do it.  Does anyone know?  I'm sick of the standard tones!

Many thanks!

Message 1 of 35
Master

Re: How do I get ringtones for my iPhone?

Message 2 of 35
Scholar

If you don't mind paying for ringtone software, this website has a good ringtone maker:

http://www.efksoft.com/products/iphoneringtonemaker/index_full.php

I bought it long ago before you were able to make ringtones for the iPhone with iTunes. You pay for it once and can make unlimited ringtones, even with songs you haven't purchased from iTunes. 

Message 3 of 35
Professor

LOL!!! don't even care so much about making music or songs for my ringtone. I just want my phone to ring with a decent sounding tone. You know? For a telephone?

There are, like, two sounds out of all the ringtones available for calls on the entire menu of the iPhone. Most of them make no sense, whatsoever.

Who thinks up this stuff?

I mean, a dog barking? Robot sound? A duck quacking? A doorbell? A motorcycle revving? A pinball machine?

Seriously?

These are our choices for how the phone will ring, on a call?

Like I said, I could care less abut different songs for my ringtone. But if I want my phone to sound like a phone, there should at least be a few tones to choose from.

Message 4 of 35
Scholar

Yeah, lol, the ones already on there are pretty dumb. The "old phone" one is the only somewhat normal phone ring.

I like having songs as mine, though. Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 35
Professor

Yeah, I guess you know, the "old phone" is what I have. And I don't even mind songs, per se. But out of, what is it? 20 sounds? the selection is the dumbest I have ever seen.

I mean, a doorbell? LOL!!!
Message 6 of 35
Scholar

I am with you on that!!
Message 7 of 35
Master

RayHend wrote:
Who thinks up this stuff?

I mean, a dog barking? Robot sound? A duck quacking? A doorbell? A motorcycle revving? A pinball machine?

Seriously?

These are our choices for how the phone will ring, on a call?

I think its a marketing gimmik.  They are so bad to make a lot of people that don't know how to do their own go out and buy a few with iTunes to have something remotely acceptable.

Message 8 of 35
Scholar

Didn't think about that, you're probably right. I think it's really sad if that's the case, though. I know as soon as I got my first gen I tried to find a ringtone maker because you couldn't even use iTunes to make ringtones at that time, and of course all of the ringtones pre-loaded on the phone are annoying/dumb. This is why I plug that ringtone maker, cuz they were out there before iTunes ringtones. Also, I have gotten 2 new computers since then, so I have had to re-download the software from them twice, and forgot to save the e-mail with my activation code both times. All I had to do was e-mail their support and they e-mailed me the code within a day.Great customer service. And on sale for $7.50 right now, I paid $14.99 (well worth it, though)!

They should be paying me, lol. 

Message 9 of 35
Guru

These are all free. http://macmost.com/iphoneringtones/

Also, here's an application where you can download, then import a song from your iTune library and edit 30 seconds of the song to create a ringtone. http://www.iringer.net/

Message 10 of 35

http://audiko.net/

If you Want too Real Ring tones..Use this..it's Free and you can use your OWN music and edit them wiht features such as Fading in OR fading out. It also lets you pick out what parts of the track you want, and easily stores them in Itunes..

Message 11 of 35
Teacher

you can make ringtones directly from iTunes using your music library for free. simple to do. just google it.
Message 12 of 35
Professor

jvallesteros wrote:
you can make ringtones directly from iTunes using your music library for free. simple to do. just google it.

yea but your music has to be bought from Itunes. i tryed to follow the directions to do this,but it tells me i have no purached music from itunes.
Message 13 of 35
Master

Message 14 of 35
Professor

you can make your own using iTunes if they are DRM free.

How to make ringtones with iTunes 

Message 15 of 35
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support