Helpful Links

How do I get rid of this?

Tutor

How do I get rid of this?

I just got a Samsung Flight 2.  It has so much bloatware on it, all courtesy of AT&T.  I don't want all this nonsense.  It took me hours just to find the settings for the phone, because AT&T has the main homescreens crammed with this bloatware, most of which is attached to costly subscription services.  I just want it gone.  Do I have to root the phone to get rid of this unwanted garbage?  That seems to be the information I'm finding everywhere I look.

Message 1 of 3
Highlighted
Guru

Re: How do I get rid of this?

When you buy a phone that's locked to a specific carrier, there normally is no way to remove what's been installed by the carrier (AT&T in this case) other than rooting the phone.  All the carriers do this to almost all their phones.  This is not something exclusive to AT&T.  The only phone I know of that doesn't come with all the extra crap installed is the iPhone, and this is because the agreement Apple makes the carriers agree to forbids the carriers from installing crap or making modifications to the phone's OS.  The only other way to get a phone without all the crap is occasionally you can buy a phone that hasn't been locked down to a specific carrier directly from the phone manufacturer or a 3rd party.  Those unlocked phones usually don't have the crap added on.

Message 2 of 3
Expert

Re: How do I get rid of this?

That's exactly why I love my Samung Nexus S, purchased from Best Buy...NO BLOATWARE!! I don't particularly care for Best Buy or the phone techs that they have, Smiley Indifferent, but LOVED the phone and $$. 

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

Message 3 of 3
Share this topic
Announcements

Is the iPhone X worth it? Find out why it totally is!

Find out how to track your iPhone's delivery!

Let us help you Give the Gift of AT&T Wireless this holiday season!

Additional Support