Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Questions about your Smartphone data usage? Please join us here for a live “Ask an Expert” event on Wednesday, August 24th from 1-5 pm ET / 10am-2pm PT.

Wireless Forum

Posted Dec 13, 2010
11:01:26 AM
View profile
How do I get refund on data used?

I used my phone's browser to go to a mobile version of a site.  I entered the site's mobile URL but it opened the non-mobile version instead.  I was charged $5.37 and I didn't even use the site.  That's $5 wasted. 

How can I get the $5.37 back?

I used my phone's browser to go to a mobile version of a site.  I entered the site's mobile URL but it opened the non-mobile version instead.  I was charged $5.37 and I didn't even use the site.  That's $5 wasted. 

How do I get refund on data used?

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 13, 2010 1:33:39 PM
(0)
Expert

vtujfz wrote:

Unfortuantely you can not, there was a connectiona nd the data was transferred to and from the phone unfortunately.

vtujfz wrote:

Unfortuantely you can not, there was a connectiona nd the data was transferred to and from the phone unfortunately.

Re: How do I get refund on data used?

2 of 4 (218 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 13, 2010 4:11:47 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

wilcre wrote:

vtujfz wrote:

Unfortuantely you can not, there was a connection and the data was transferred to and from the phone unfortunately.

That is correct. The data and funds consumed are non-refundable. The same goes for if you accidentally dialed a call, didn't say anything, but still got charged.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

wilcre wrote:

vtujfz wrote:

Unfortuantely you can not, there was a connection and the data was transferred to and from the phone unfortunately.

That is correct. The data and funds consumed are non-refundable. The same goes for if you accidentally dialed a call, didn't say anything, but still got charged.

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

3 of 4 (218 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 25, 2010 2:00:57 PM
(0)
Mentor

Just making sure I understand this correctly. If I think I was over charged for data used while connected to the internet. It is a matter of my not being aware of how lomg/how much data was actually used ?

I don't use my cell for internet alot. But I'm wondering about something after reading this Thread. Do incorrect Data Charges ever happen ? I know if you are unable to download a purchase and/or you duplicate a download with in a certain time frame from MediaMall. That you can ask for a refund...or you use to be able to. You may not always get it depending on the circumstances, but you use to be able to go to a page where they were listed and that was where you also asked for the refund.But that situation is totally different than the ones inquired about in this Thread.

Just making sure I understand this correctly. If I think I was over charged for data used while connected to the internet. It is a matter of my not being aware of how lomg/how much data was actually used ?

I don't use my cell for internet alot. But I'm wondering about something after reading this Thread. Do incorrect Data Charges ever happen ? I know if you are unable to download a purchase and/or you duplicate a download with in a certain time frame from MediaMall. That you can ask for a refund...or you use to be able to. You may not always get it depending on the circumstances, but you use to be able to go to a page where they were listed and that was where you also asked for the refund.But that situation is totally different than the ones inquired about in this Thread.

4 of 4 (196 Views)