How do I get refund on data used?

Highlighted
Scholar

How do I get refund on data used?

I used my phone's browser to go to a mobile version of a site.  I entered the site's mobile URL but it opened the non-mobile version instead.  I was charged $5.37 and I didn't even use the site.  That's $5 wasted. 

How can I get the $5.37 back?

Message 1 of 4 (277 Views)
Expert

Re: How do I get refund on data used?

vtujfz wrote:

I used my phone's browser to go to a mobile version of a site.  I entered the site's mobile URL but it opened the non-mobile version instead.  I was charged $5.37 and I didn't even use the site.  That's $5 wasted. 

Unfortuantely you can not, there was a connectiona nd the data was transferred to and from the phone unfortunately.

Message 2 of 4 (273 Views)
Master

wilcre wrote:

vtujfz wrote:

Unfortuantely you can not, there was a connection and the data was transferred to and from the phone unfortunately.

That is correct. The data and funds consumed are non-refundable. The same goes for if you accidentally dialed a call, didn't say anything, but still got charged.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 3 of 4 (273 Views)

Just making sure I understand this correctly. If I think I was over charged for data used while connected to the internet. It is a matter of my not being aware of how lomg/how much data was actually used ?

I don't use my cell for internet alot. But I'm wondering about something after reading this Thread. Do incorrect Data Charges ever happen ? I know if you are unable to download a purchase and/or you duplicate a download with in a certain time frame from MediaMall. That you can ask for a refund...or you use to be able to. You may not always get it depending on the circumstances, but you use to be able to go to a page where they were listed and that was where you also asked for the refund.But that situation is totally different than the ones inquired about in this Thread.

Message 4 of 4 (251 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.