How do I get my sierra 875u connection displayed under network connections so I can turn on ICS?

Teacher

How do I get my sierra 875u connection displayed under network connections so I can turn on ICS?

I'm trying to setup a wired network, but I can't get internet connection sharing turned on because my 875u connection isn't displayed under network connections.  How do I get it there?
Message 1 of 6 (2,359 Views)
Guru

Re: How do I get my sierra 875u connection displayed under network connections so I can turn on ICS?

It should pretty much just show up under XP. Vista is a little more problematic. I do not use Vista regularly to know exactly how to tell you how to get what you want. I had a hard time finding the modem to create a dial-up connection on my daughter's Vista box.
Message 2 of 6 (2,351 Views)
Teacher

Re: How do I get my sierra 875u connection displayed under network connections so I can turn on ICS?

Well I'm running Xp and it just won't show up.
Message 3 of 6 (2,331 Views)
Guru

Since I don't have exactly the same Sierra Wireless card as you, my setup will be a little different. Look at a screenshot from my setup and see what I have. Note that my Sierra Wireless 860 AirCard is listed under Modems, Multifunction adapters, and Network adapters in Device Manager.

http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/5318/networkconnectionsmi3.jpg
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Take a look at the following and see if this is of any help. This applies primarily to WiFi connections, but still there is useful information there.

How to troubleshoot wireless network connections in Windows XP Service Pack 2

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/870702/en-us
Message 4 of 6 (2,321 Views)
Teacher

thanks for your help man, sorry it took me so long to reply, but my motherboard went bad.

Anyway I still can't get the connection to show up under the network folder for some reason...
Message 5 of 6 (2,277 Views)
Tutor

Try uninstalling the software and then install software before plugging in the aircard.
Message 6 of 6 (2,232 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.