Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jan 9, 2008
6:35:57 AM
View profile
How do I get my sierra 875u connection displayed under network connections so I can turn on ICS?
I'm trying to setup a wired network, but I can't get internet connection sharing turned on because my 875u connection isn't displayed under network connections.  How do I get it there?
I'm trying to setup a wired network, but I can't get internet connection sharing turned on because my 875u connection isn't displayed under network connections.  How do I get it there?

How do I get my sierra 875u connection displayed under network connections so I can turn on ICS?

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 9, 2008 10:41:09 AM
(0)
Guru
It should pretty much just show up under XP. Vista is a little more problematic. I do not use Vista regularly to know exactly how to tell you how to get what you want. I had a hard time finding the modem to create a dial-up connection on my daughter's Vista box.
It should pretty much just show up under XP. Vista is a little more problematic. I do not use Vista regularly to know exactly how to tell you how to get what you want. I had a hard time finding the modem to create a dial-up connection on my daughter's Vista box.

Re: How do I get my sierra 875u connection displayed under network connections so I can turn on ICS?

2 of 6 (2,341 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 10, 2008 10:40:37 AM
(0)
Teacher
Well I'm running Xp and it just won't show up.
Well I'm running Xp and it just won't show up.

Re: How do I get my sierra 875u connection displayed under network connections so I can turn on ICS?

3 of 6 (2,321 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 10, 2008 6:29:56 PM
(0)
Guru
Since I don't have exactly the same Sierra Wireless card as you, my setup will be a little different. Look at a screenshot from my setup and see what I have. Note that my Sierra Wireless 860 AirCard is listed under Modems, Multifunction adapters, and Network adapters in Device Manager.

http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/5318/networkconnectionsmi3.jpg
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Take a look at the following and see if this is of any help. This applies primarily to WiFi connections, but still there is useful information there.

How to troubleshoot wireless network connections in Windows XP Service Pack 2

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/870702/en-us
Since I don't have exactly the same Sierra Wireless card as you, my setup will be a little different. Look at a screenshot from my setup and see what I have. Note that my Sierra Wireless 860 AirCard is listed under Modems, Multifunction adapters, and Network adapters in Device Manager.

http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/5318/networkconnectionsmi3.jpg
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Take a look at the following and see if this is of any help. This applies primarily to WiFi connections, but still there is useful information there.

How to troubleshoot wireless network connections in Windows XP Service Pack 2

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/870702/en-us

4 of 6 (2,311 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 14, 2008 7:31:12 AM
(0)
Teacher
thanks for your help man, sorry it took me so long to reply, but my motherboard went bad.

Anyway I still can't get the connection to show up under the network folder for some reason...
thanks for your help man, sorry it took me so long to reply, but my motherboard went bad.

Anyway I still can't get the connection to show up under the network folder for some reason...

5 of 6 (2,267 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 15, 2008 11:50:28 AM
(0)
Tutor
Try uninstalling the software and then install software before plugging in the aircard.
Try uninstalling the software and then install software before plugging in the aircard.

6 of 6 (2,222 Views)