How do I find out how many text messages I have sent/received/have remaining?

Contributor

How do I find out how many text messages I have sent/received/have remaining?

I know I can view a list of SMS messages that I have sent/received and the number it was sent to/from.

But I cannot find a total for the number of text messages I have used. Does AT&T really expect its customers to manually add up the number?!

Why is there not an obvious way to see the total number of text messages I have sent and received?

Thank you,
Jon Hege
Message 1 of 5
Guru

Re: How do I find out how many text messages I have sent/received/have remaining?

Dial *3282# from your phone?
Message 2 of 5
Master

Re: How do I find out how many text messages I have sent/received/have remaining?

romana wrote:
Dial *3282# from your phone?

That's correct.  Dial *3282# then send. 
Message 3 of 5
Contributor

Well I must say that in some regards ATT just does NOT get it -... they reply to you saying "unlimited" but they dont tell you how many you have used... its rather useless if they dont tell you the count - I liked verizon in this regard, b/c even if you had unlimited they sent you the "actual" number you had used NOT "unlimited" ...
Message 4 of 5
Expert

kuja wrote:
     Well I must say that in some regards ATT just does NOT get it -... they reply to you saying "unlimited" but they dont tell you how many you have used... its rather useless if they dont tell you the count - I liked verizon in this regard, b/c even if you had unlimited they sent you the "actual" number you had used NOT "unlimited" ...

This would just be semantics about wanting to know what was used out of the unlimited limit that has been set for you.
Message 5 of 5
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support