Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Questions about your Smartphone data usage? Please join us here for a live “Ask an Expert” event on Wednesday, August 24th from 1-5 pm ET / 10am-2pm PT.

Wireless Forum

Posted Oct 8, 2011
3:59:29 AM
View profile
How do I cancel my iphone 4s order?

At 4:30 am on Oct 7th, I used the ATT Upgrader app to order an iPhone 4s. I later learned it would ship only to my billing address in FL. The problem here is I'm a snowbird who's in his summer home in IN until later this yr. No one will be there to sign for it or receive it. I tried calling ATT to cancel my order, but to my amazement, they would NOT cancel my order. Who can I contact to get this *** **** thing cancelled? btw, I walked into my local IN ATT store at 9 am on the 7th, and ordered another one, which will ship to my IN home. Can anyone here help???

At 4:30 am on Oct 7th, I used the ATT Upgrader app to order an iPhone 4s. I later learned it would ship only to my billing address in FL. The problem here is I'm a snowbird who's in his summer home in IN until later this yr. No one will be there to sign for it or receive it. I tried calling ATT to cancel my order, but to my amazement, they would NOT cancel my order. Who can I contact to get this *** **** thing cancelled? btw, I walked into my local IN ATT store at 9 am on the 7th, and ordered another one, which will ship to my IN home. Can anyone here help???

How do I cancel my iphone 4s order?

7 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(7)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 8, 2011 8:09:17 AM
(0)
Contributor

I can't find a way to cancel my order either. Whenever I think I'm getting close the ATT site crashes. Really lousy navigation/organization.

I can't find a way to cancel my order either. Whenever I think I'm getting close the ATT site crashes. Really lousy navigation/organization.

Re: How do I cancel my iphone 4s order?

2 of 8 (2,272 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 8, 2011 8:17:08 AM
(0)
Professor

regardingjohn wrote:

You cant log back on to cancel, remove the order or remove your credit card info?  Can you call an 800# or the credit card company to block or reverse a charge? I'm just curious .  Its a shame the site won't let you navigate back to your order especially in the case of wanting to cancel.

regardingjohn wrote:

You cant log back on to cancel, remove the order or remove your credit card info?  Can you call an 800# or the credit card company to block or reverse a charge? I'm just curious .  Its a shame the site won't let you navigate back to your order especially in the case of wanting to cancel.

Me and My DELL Streak (TED-III)

3 of 8 (2,259 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 8, 2011 1:30:00 PM
(0)
Scholar

If nothing else, like the above poster said, call your credit card company and let them know the situation. Tell them AT&T is unwilling to cancel your order and you would like to dispute the charge as soon as it hits the card. It's a shame that you would have to go through something like that, but it would be better to get it as soon as it hits and before the phone ships rather than have the phone stuck with the delivery company trying to be delivered or worse yet having it left by an incompetent driver, stolen and you end up paying for it. Not likely, but I have learned Murphy's Law loves to dabble in the unlikely.

If nothing else, like the above poster said, call your credit card company and let them know the situation. Tell them AT&T is unwilling to cancel your order and you would like to dispute the charge as soon as it hits the card. It's a shame that you would have to go through something like that, but it would be better to get it as soon as it hits and before the phone ships rather than have the phone stuck with the delivery company trying to be delivered or worse yet having it left by an incompetent driver, stolen and you end up paying for it. Not likely, but I have learned Murphy's Law loves to dabble in the unlikely.

4 of 8 (2,164 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 8, 2011 3:05:28 PM
(0)
Contributor
Called again only to get the same bullcrap song and dance that they only ship to billing address. I keep getting the "did you read the terms and Conditions?" schpiel. I twice replied "No, does Anyone read that stuff!?" Looks like I'm going to have to get my CC Co involved.
Called again only to get the same bullcrap song and dance that they only ship to billing address. I keep getting the "did you read the terms and Conditions?" schpiel. I twice replied "No, does Anyone read that stuff!?" Looks like I'm going to have to get my CC Co involved.

5 of 8 (2,129 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 15, 2011 9:17:42 AM
(0)
Mentor

Good luck with that, there's no way they'll cancel it.

Good luck with that, there's no way they'll cancel it.

6 of 8 (1,510 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 15, 2011 9:22:13 AM
(0)
Contributor

My FL neighbor informed me the 4S was delivered yesterday. When I get down therein a wk, (I'm in IN now), I'll just send it back. Already have another newly activated 4s I bought from my local ATT store.

My FL neighbor informed me the 4S was delivered yesterday. When I get down therein a wk, (I'm in IN now), I'll just send it back. Already have another newly activated 4s I bought from my local ATT store.

7 of 8 (1,501 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 17, 2011 8:48:00 AM
(0)
Voyager

I ordered my iphone 4s online on 10/8. Never got a email or notification. Website shows my order in process but also shows a backorder status.

I called them many timesI have wasted a lot of time. Last call was with supervisor on Friday. He said that the system incorrectly says that it's back ordered. He said that people that ordered the phone on 10/7 have received their phones on 10/14. So I should get it on 10/15 or 10/17.

I have not gotten any email sor far today.

I called the premier dept @ 866 499 8008. Jeramie/rep said that my case had been escalated previously. She assured me that the order is in their warehouse and will ship but no confirmation was given.

I told them that I was not happy with the resolution. She said that the resolution dept. agreed to cancel my order if I don't want it delivered. She advised me to go to local store to purchase the iPhone.

I asked for a confirmation. She put me on hold of another 5 mintues (i have been on the phone for 1hr 1min by now). She comes back and tell me that she tried to cancel but she can't. Because the order is at the warehouse and ready for shippment. She has no confirmation of this plan.

What a mess?? I certainly will never be ordering another item from at&t website. I will not hesitate to cancel my service with at&t if they are going to be delivering this type of service.

I cont. to hold on the phone waiting for resolution dept to come on the phone......

Note to at&t: I pay a premium price for your services with 5 lines with added features. I don't expect you to be perfect, but I do expect you have a better sense in resolving issues when it's your fault. You can't deliver service on faulty plans. You will have unhappy employees (from frustrated customers trying to PAY you for the product and services). Indeed you will have a very unhappy customer who will be willing to switch to another vendor for better experience.

I ordered my iphone 4s online on 10/8. Never got a email or notification. Website shows my order in process but also shows a backorder status.

I called them many timesI have wasted a lot of time. Last call was with supervisor on Friday. He said that the system incorrectly says that it's back ordered. He said that people that ordered the phone on 10/7 have received their phones on 10/14. So I should get it on 10/15 or 10/17.

I have not gotten any email sor far today.

I called the premier dept @ 866 499 8008. Jeramie/rep said that my case had been escalated previously. She assured me that the order is in their warehouse and will ship but no confirmation was given.

I told them that I was not happy with the resolution. She said that the resolution dept. agreed to cancel my order if I don't want it delivered. She advised me to go to local store to purchase the iPhone.

I asked for a confirmation. She put me on hold of another 5 mintues (i have been on the phone for 1hr 1min by now). She comes back and tell me that she tried to cancel but she can't. Because the order is at the warehouse and ready for shippment. She has no confirmation of this plan.

What a mess?? I certainly will never be ordering another item from at&t website. I will not hesitate to cancel my service with at&t if they are going to be delivering this type of service.

I cont. to hold on the phone waiting for resolution dept to come on the phone......

Note to at&t: I pay a premium price for your services with 5 lines with added features. I don't expect you to be perfect, but I do expect you have a better sense in resolving issues when it's your fault. You can't deliver service on faulty plans. You will have unhappy employees (from frustrated customers trying to PAY you for the product and services). Indeed you will have a very unhappy customer who will be willing to switch to another vendor for better experience.

8 of 8 (1,285 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments