Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forums

Posted Oct 21, 2010
7:20:19 AM
View profile
How do I cancel a data plan for iPad when I nolonger have the iPad?

I want to cancel the data plan as my company gave me a new iPad and I gave my old one to my partner - it was reconfigured as her own, so I can't cancel from the iPad. I've been to the Apple website as well as AT&T, and can't find even find a number to call. The AT&T wireless customer service number needs a wireless phone number to proceed, so that didn't work.

I want to cancel the data plan as my company gave me a new iPad and I gave my old one to my partner - it was reconfigured as her own, so I can't cancel from the iPad. I've been to the Apple website as well as AT&T, and can't find even find a number to call. The AT&T wireless customer service number needs a wireless phone number to proceed, so that didn't work.

How do I cancel a data plan for iPad when I nolonger have the iPad?

9 replies
(1) Me too
(1) Me too
View all replies
(9)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 21, 2010 11:51:19 AM
(0)
Tutor
Edited by Skiddy on Oct 21, 2010 at 11:51:42 AM

If the iPad data works like I think it does(I don't own an iPad, I'm just spitballing here), then it should have been attached to a wireless number(or BAN/Account number) which can be accessed by calling AT&T billing.  If it doesn't have a phone number, I'd assume you would need the account number associated with your plan.  If you call them and give it to them, then perhaps that would work.

Again, I don't own one, but I do work in a call center that takes AT&T billing calls.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.

If the iPad data works like I think it does(I don't own an iPad, I'm just spitballing here), then it should have been attached to a wireless number(or BAN/Account number) which can be accessed by calling AT&T billing.  If it doesn't have a phone number, I'd assume you would need the account number associated with your plan.  If you call them and give it to them, then perhaps that would work.

Again, I don't own one, but I do work in a call center that takes AT&T billing calls.

Re: How do I cancel a data plan for iPad when I nolonger have the iPad?

[ Edited ]
2 of 10 (89,366 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 25, 2010 6:27:39 AM
(0)
Guru
you would log into the view account, select add data, choose to cancel and choose cancel later (which will allow you to use the remainder of the data/time you've already paid for)

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.
you would log into the view account, select add data, choose to cancel and choose cancel later (which will allow you to use the remainder of the data/time you've already paid for)

3 of 10 (89,082 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 27, 2011 12:20:44 PM
(0)
Tutor

You can't register without the phone number. I tried. My Ipad was stolen. I still had the unlimited data plan.  Every month I get a charge to my credit card automatically. There is no reference no. on the bill.  I called AT&T customer service and gave them the IMEI number, serial no, My SS number, name and address. Nothing came up on their computers. I have resorted to calling my credit card co. to dispute the charge. Oh, and they send me an email every time they charge my credit card and congratulate me for successfully paying my bill. If they would just put a reference No. on the credit card bill (like the phone No?) I could easily cancel the service. Or even reference the phone no. on the email they send me every month.  Or at least when I signed up for the service on my Ipad last May the could have sent something to tell me the telephone No. But there is nothing.  If you still have your Ipad, make sure you write down the phone No.

You can't register without the phone number. I tried. My Ipad was stolen. I still had the unlimited data plan.  Every month I get a charge to my credit card automatically. There is no reference no. on the bill.  I called AT&T customer service and gave them the IMEI number, serial no, My SS number, name and address. Nothing came up on their computers. I have resorted to calling my credit card co. to dispute the charge. Oh, and they send me an email every time they charge my credit card and congratulate me for successfully paying my bill. If they would just put a reference No. on the credit card bill (like the phone No?) I could easily cancel the service. Or even reference the phone no. on the email they send me every month.  Or at least when I signed up for the service on my Ipad last May the could have sent something to tell me the telephone No. But there is nothing.  If you still have your Ipad, make sure you write down the phone No.

4 of 10 (86,538 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 27, 2011 2:35:06 PM
(0)
Master

wdg331 wrote:

You can't register without the phone number. I tried. My Ipad was stolen. I still had the unlimited data plan.  

Did you try to just log in using the same email/password that you were using on your iPad (ie the same you used when you set up the data plan)?

OEPNDClient

On the right, just use the "Are you an existing customer?" log-in section.

wdg331 wrote:

You can't register without the phone number. I tried. My Ipad was stolen. I still had the unlimited data plan.  

Did you try to just log in using the same email/password that you were using on your iPad (ie the same you used when you set up the data plan)?

OEPNDClient

On the right, just use the "Are you an existing customer?" log-in section.

5 of 10 (86,483 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 27, 2011 2:43:41 PM
(0)
Tutor

Yes, I've tried that. Comes back with incorrect Login name or password.  Above I said phone #  I should have said. ICCID.

Yes, I've tried that. Comes back with incorrect Login name or password.  Above I said phone #  I should have said. ICCID.

6 of 10 (86,480 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 1, 2011 7:29:54 AM
(0)
Guru
call customer care 611 on your wireless or 1-800-331-0500 from a landline. Ask customer care for att ipad support, give the rep that answers there your email. They can find your account with this information.

call customer care 611 on your wireless or 1-800-331-0500 from a landline. Ask customer care for att ipad support, give the rep that answers there your email. They can find your account with this information.

7 of 10 (86,368 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 3, 2011 9:58:03 AM
(0)
Tutor

I just went through this process and had success!

www.att.com/ipad

Scroll toward the bottom and there is a box that has the heading, "need more data?"  Click that link and it will take you to a login page for your ipad account.  You'll need to at least know the email address that you used to sign up (it should be easy because they are sending you congratulation emails every month to let you know you paid another $25...use the email address they are sending the emails to).  If you forgot your password they can remind you.  Once you login there's an option to cancel the account.  

I AM FREE!!!

I just went through this process and had success!

www.att.com/ipad

Scroll toward the bottom and there is a box that has the heading, "need more data?"  Click that link and it will take you to a login page for your ipad account.  You'll need to at least know the email address that you used to sign up (it should be easy because they are sending you congratulation emails every month to let you know you paid another $25...use the email address they are sending the emails to).  If you forgot your password they can remind you.  Once you login there's an option to cancel the account.  

I AM FREE!!!

8 of 10 (81,887 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 29, 2011 5:19:56 PM
(0)
Contributor

It worked!  You are a genius!  THANK YOU

It worked!  You are a genius!  THANK YOU

9 of 10 (73,258 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 29, 2011 6:35:35 PM
(0)
Former Moderator

I would like to thank everyone for taking the time to post your comments and opinions related to this topic. This topic has been thoroughly discussed and will now be closed.

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions”, you can even mark multipleposts in a single thread.  This will help other users find this information too!!

I would like to thank everyone for taking the time to post your comments and opinions related to this topic. This topic has been thoroughly discussed and will now be closed.

10 of 10 (73,249 Views)