Wireless Forums

Posted Jan 10, 2012
12:15:29 AM
View profile
How do I Add a Subject to MMS message on Galaxy S II (SGH-1777) Android 2,3,4

I purchased a Galaxy S II on 1/4/2012. Its model number is "SAMSUNG SGH-1777) & it runs Android Version 2.3.4.

I have been going crazy trying to do what should be trivial, add a Subject to an MMS message.

I have Googled the WEB to death w/o success.  It seems that most other Samsung phones work by automatically switching the message from SMS to MMS when you attach something like a picture, music file, etc.  Once this is done, there is supposed to be an entry under MORE on the Messaging Menu to "Add Subject."  I can't get my phone to show this menu entry and I have looked all over the settings for the Messaging App and didn't see any obvious way to turn this on.

The attached picture, music, sends fine but it arrives with "No Subject" where one should be.

So... How do I get the Galaxy to add subjects to MMS messages?  My ancient 10 key Nokia 6085 could add a subject to an MMS message so I KNOW the Galaxy must be able to also.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I purchased a Galaxy S II on 1/4/2012. Its model number is "SAMSUNG SGH-1777) & it runs Android Version 2.3.4.

I have been going crazy trying to do what should be trivial, add a Subject to an MMS message.

I have Googled the WEB to death w/o success.  It seems that most other Samsung phones work by automatically switching the message from SMS to MMS when you attach something like a picture, music file, etc.  Once this is done, there is supposed to be an entry under MORE on the Messaging Menu to "Add Subject."  I can't get my phone to show this menu entry and I have looked all over the settings for the Messaging App and didn't see any obvious way to turn this on.

The attached picture, music, sends fine but it arrives with "No Subject" where one should be.

So... How do I get the Galaxy to add subjects to MMS messages?  My ancient 10 key Nokia 6085 could add a subject to an MMS message so I KNOW the Galaxy must be able to also.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

How do I Add a Subject to MMS message on Galaxy S II (SGH-1777) Android 2,3,4

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Cancel
Submit
Replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 24, 2012 7:07:45 PM
(0)
Contributor

I am having the same issue / concern.  I've searched high and low and cannot figure out how to add a subject.  Anyone out there know?

I am having the same issue / concern.  I've searched high and low and cannot figure out how to add a subject.  Anyone out there know?

Re: How do I Add a Subject to MMS message on Galaxy S II (SGH-1777) Android 2,3,4

2 of 4 (1,309 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 24, 2012 8:07:11 PM
(0)

I gave up and downloaded the 'Handcent SMS' application from the Android store. It was free and did everything you want including adding a subject to a message. The only thing I haven't fixed yet is the fact that the orange "Message Arrived" message still takes you to the default SMS app.

I gave up and downloaded the 'Handcent SMS' application from the Android store. It was free and did everything you want including adding a subject to a message. The only thing I haven't fixed yet is the fact that the orange "Message Arrived" message still takes you to the default SMS app.

Re: How do I Add a Subject to MMS message on Galaxy S II (SGH-1777) Android 2,3,4

3 of 4 (1,301 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 26, 2012 10:38:37 AM
(0)
Employee
You need to turn off notifications in the default app
You need to turn off notifications in the default app
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

4 of 4 (1,271 Views)