How d do I Credit an already posted payment to the correct account

Contributor

How d do I Credit an already posted payment to the correct account

I have two accounts with att but apparently they aren't linked. one account lapsed into default due to non-payment ( irresponsible under age family member) and untill i pay the balance in full i cant add any lines to my account. (always current) So i made a payment for the full amount but it accidently posted on my current account instead of the defaulted account. how do i transfer or credit that payment to the proper account? any suggestions are appreciated. thx
Message Edited by kurtdickson3778 on 07-01-2009 12:05:17 PM
Message 1 of 6
Master

Re: How d do I Credit an already posted payment to the correct account

I wish you luck on this one. I've seem someone that accidentally made 2 payments and needed the one payment refunded to pay bills. I don't think they ever got it reversed (at least not in time to be helpful).

You will need to call customer service and possibly accounts management. Hopefully just moving the balance between accounts is easier than a refund for overpayment.
Message 2 of 6
Expert

Planet-Ed wrote:
     I wish you luck on this one. I've seem someone that accidentally made 2 payments and needed the one payment refunded to pay bills. I don't think they ever got it reversed (at least not in time to be helpful).
     You will need to call customer service and possibly accounts management. Hopefully just moving the balance between accounts is easier than a refund for overpayment.

Yes customer care can submit the paperwork to have the credit balance moved from your one account to the other account for you.

Message 3 of 6
Mentor

Keep in mind that they will only be able to transfer whatever balance is left as a credit on your account.
Message 4 of 6
Contributor

My condolences and best of luck to all AT&T customers with billing issues.

After AT&T arbitrarily revised mycustomer billing numbers this past spring, I found out that my online banking autopayments for May and June were not posted to my account (AT&T got the money from the bank -- but now <!?!> conveniently doesn't know what they did with those payments).

I've called AT&T Customer service more than a dozen times - even speaking with a supervisor -  and got different suggestions each time. My bank teller and I are now on firstname terms due to the number of times she has had to FAX at&t  documents showing that the payments were made.

1. Why can't AT&T get it's billing act together and locate payments it recieved?

2. Why did they change people's billing number information in the first place?

3. Why can't they map old billing numbers to the new numbers so that they can reference payments?

This is ridiculous.

Message 5 of 6
Master

Keep us posted on what happens.I would think they would be able to transfer the funds to the other account. Make sure you get names of people and such. Request a confirmation e mail too. This way if there's any confusion. you have paperwork to explain to them.
Message 6 of 6
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support