Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Sep 19, 2011
12:34:49 PM
View profile
How can I wake up the phone without using power button?

This might seem trivial to some, but my last phone (iPhone 3G) allowed me to get in to my phone

while it was sleeping all with my left thumb.  The HTC Inspire is a bit longer in size, and now that I have to awaken

with the power button on top (with my left index finger), I have to either use my other hand OR do some maneuvering with my left hand to get my index finger to reach the power button.  This is really annoying. 

Even if it were just the volume bar to awaken, that would be slightly better.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

This might seem trivial to some, but my last phone (iPhone 3G) allowed me to get in to my phone

while it was sleeping all with my left thumb.  The HTC Inspire is a bit longer in size, and now that I have to awaken

with the power button on top (with my left index finger), I have to either use my other hand OR do some maneuvering with my left hand to get my index finger to reach the power button.  This is really annoying. 

Even if it were just the volume bar to awaken, that would be slightly better.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

How can I wake up the phone without using power button?

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 19, 2011 7:56:51 PM
(0)
Scholar
Power button is the only way, no setting to male it any other way.
Power button is the only way, no setting to male it any other way.

Re: How can I wake up the phone without using power button?

2 of 3 (1,003 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 20, 2011 5:34:33 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor
Edited by redpoint73 on Sep 20, 2011 at 5:45:07 AM

You can try a few Market apps, to see if they do what you want, such as Widget Locker or No Lock.

Although, lock screen replacements (such as Widget Locker) can often be a bit buggy (especially with HTC Sense), such as the stock lock screen popping up in addition to the replacement lock screen.  Also, it does not appear that Widget Locker has a free trial version, for you to try before paying the $2.

No Lock is very simple app, and may be what you want.  But the downside is that it allows any button (such as the volume buttons) to not only wake, but also unlock the phone, which can be a bit dangerous (result in unintended screen inputs, or battery drain from screen being on unintentionally).  No Lock is a free app, so you can easily try it out, and see if it meets your needs.

You can try a few Market apps, to see if they do what you want, such as Widget Locker or No Lock.

Although, lock screen replacements (such as Widget Locker) can often be a bit buggy (especially with HTC Sense), such as the stock lock screen popping up in addition to the replacement lock screen.  Also, it does not appear that Widget Locker has a free trial version, for you to try before paying the $2.

No Lock is very simple app, and may be what you want.  But the downside is that it allows any button (such as the volume buttons) to not only wake, but also unlock the phone, which can be a bit dangerous (result in unintended screen inputs, or battery drain from screen being on unintentionally).  No Lock is a free app, so you can easily try it out, and see if it meets your needs.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: How can I wake up the phone without using power button?

[ Edited ]
3 of 3 (992 Views)