How can I use the Blackberry torch 9800 with the 3G t-mobile network?

Contributor

How can I use the Blackberry torch 9800 with the 3G t-mobile network?

Even t-mobile and ATT could not figure it out. For the last two days I have been on the phone with both customer service trying to use the 3G and still can not. Did anyone connect to the internet with T-mobile service and I am not talking about the WIFI, I mean the 3G network. The phone is unlocked I can even send and receive emails I just can not browse the net? If anyone has the answer let me know. Thanks

Message 1 of 6 (2,568 Views)
Master

Re: How can I use the Blackberry torch 9800 with the 3G t-mobile network?

I am sorry but you will only be able to use the BB Torch on T-Mobiles EDGE network, as this device does not support T-mobiles 1700 Mhz 3G network.....
Message 2 of 6 (2,536 Views)
Contributor

Thank you for your help.
Message 3 of 6 (2,486 Views)
Master

healthy doc wrote:
Thank you for your help.
You're welcome. Glad I was able to answer your question. Smiley Happy
Message 4 of 6 (2,482 Views)
Professor

Irish Rose wrote:

healthy doc wrote:
Thank you for your help.
You're welcome. Glad I was able to answer your question. Smiley Happy

IR, shouldn't the Torch be able to work on Tmobile 3G? Tmobile uses 1700/2100, and the Torch supports 2100. My logic says, that in areas where there are 2100 towers, the OP should be able to receive 3G,

Message 5 of 6 (2,453 Views)
Master

[ Edited ]

guandalf wrote:

IR, shouldn't the Torch be able to work on Tmobile 3G? Tmobile uses 1700/2100, and the Torch supports 2100. My logic says, that in areas where there are 2100 towers, the OP should be able to receive 3G,

No, it will not work on T-Mobiles 3G network here in the US... 2100 only works in Europe and Asia. You need 1700 for use in NA, that which the Torch doesn't support.

Message 6 of 6 (2,426 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.