Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Feb 11, 2012
2:28:50 PM
View profile
How can I unlock iPhones as my 2 year AT&T service contract has already finished...

Hi.

I was wondering how do I unlock my iPhones as my 2 year AT&T service contract has already finished and moving out of country.

Thanks.

Hi.

I was wondering how do I unlock my iPhones as my 2 year AT&T service contract has already finished and moving out of country.

Thanks.

How can I unlock iPhones as my 2 year AT&T service contract has already finished...

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 11, 2012 2:32:29 PM
(0)
Expert

Mango1 wrote:

Hi.

Thanks.

neither att nor apple will unlock a iphone, period. It is documented on ATT's site. Sell it on ebay and purchase a unlocked model directly from apple for full retail cost

Mango1 wrote:

Hi.

Thanks.

neither att nor apple will unlock a iphone, period. It is documented on ATT's site. Sell it on ebay and purchase a unlocked model directly from apple for full retail cost

Re: How can I unlock iPhones as my 2 year AT&T service contract has already finished...

2 of 6 (1,321 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 11, 2012 2:33:52 PM
(0)
Professor
As many many threads here, some even on the first page, say, you can't. Neither Apple nor AT&T will unlock a US iPhone. Doesn't matter whether its in contract or not. It's locked to AT&T.
As many many threads here, some even on the first page, say, you can't. Neither Apple nor AT&T will unlock a US iPhone. Doesn't matter whether its in contract or not. It's locked to AT&T.

Re: How can I unlock iPhones as my 2 year AT&T service contract has already finished...

3 of 6 (1,319 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 20, 2012 2:59:07 AM
(0)
Contributor
Edited by Taylarie on Feb 20, 2012 at 5:18:12 AM

Hello, I got a gift Iphone 4 contractually to AT & T and I live now outside the U.S., the phone is more than a year old and I would ask for are tied apparatus of the contract with AT & T forthe possibility of unblocking and subsequent use in other European networks. Can youadvise me on what I can do and whom do I contact?
Thank you, Karel {Personal content removed for your safety}

Hello, I got a gift Iphone 4 contractually to AT & T and I live now outside the U.S., the phone is more than a year old and I would ask for are tied apparatus of the contract with AT & T forthe possibility of unblocking and subsequent use in other European networks. Can youadvise me on what I can do and whom do I contact?
Thank you, Karel {Personal content removed for your safety}

unblock

[ Edited ]
4 of 6 (1,040 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 20, 2012 5:49:31 AM
(0)
ACE - Master
If your read the previous post, "NEITHER APPLE NOR AT&T WILL UNLOCK A US iPhone, WHETHER IN CONTRACT OR NOT. IT IS LOCKED TO AT&T."
The ONLY way to get an unlocked iPhone is to buy the unlocked version direct from Apple at full unsubsidized cost.
This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
If your read the previous post, "NEITHER APPLE NOR AT&T WILL UNLOCK A US iPhone, WHETHER IN CONTRACT OR NOT. IT IS LOCKED TO AT&T."
The ONLY way to get an unlocked iPhone is to buy the unlocked version direct from Apple at full unsubsidized cost.
This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: unblock

5 of 6 (1,022 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 20, 2012 8:59:52 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

Mango1 wrote:

Hi.

Thanks.

1) invent time machine

2) go back in time 2 years

3) purchase non-carrier locked iPhone

Failing that,

1) sell existing iPhone

2) buy carrier unlocked iphone

Failing that

1) ask this question on a forum that is NOT hosted by AT&T

2) do whatever they tell you to do to unlock it yourself (warning, phone may be rendered inoperable, proceed at your own ristk)

Those are the only answers there are, since as you well know AT&T does not, nor will ever unlock an locked iPhone, for any reason, ever. Nope. Really. No matter how many times people ask.

Mango1 wrote:

Hi.

Thanks.

1) invent time machine

2) go back in time 2 years

3) purchase non-carrier locked iPhone

Failing that,

1) sell existing iPhone

2) buy carrier unlocked iphone

Failing that

1) ask this question on a forum that is NOT hosted by AT&T

2) do whatever they tell you to do to unlock it yourself (warning, phone may be rendered inoperable, proceed at your own ristk)

Those are the only answers there are, since as you well know AT&T does not, nor will ever unlock an locked iPhone, for any reason, ever. Nope. Really. No matter how many times people ask.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

6 of 6 (994 Views)