Wireless Forums

Posted Apr 19, 2009
12:26:58 PM
View profile
How can I turn off the CONTENT FILTER?

On my son's Blackberry Curve...how can I turn off the CONTENT FILTER in the Parental Controls.

Do I really have to call?!  My goodness...I know the pin number but I can't get it to change (it doesn't even give me the option to change from ON to OFF).

I have been trying to download a new theme for him and for some reason I can't...I have called twice and still can't.

I am thinking it is this CONTENT FILTER (the Purchase Blocker is already OFF), I have the same phone and had no problem getting my new theme!!

Thank You:smileyhappy:

On my son's Blackberry Curve...how can I turn off the CONTENT FILTER in the Parental Controls.

Do I really have to call?!  My goodness...I know the pin number but I can't get it to change (it doesn't even give me the option to change from ON to OFF).

I have been trying to download a new theme for him and for some reason I can't...I have called twice and still can't.

I am thinking it is this CONTENT FILTER (the Purchase Blocker is already OFF), I have the same phone and had no problem getting my new theme!!

How can I turn off the CONTENT FILTER?

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Cancel
Submit
Replies
(1)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 20, 2009 12:41:21 PM
(0)
Expert

sherocks21 wrote:

The content filter only restricts the sites that you can see not what you can buy from the sites you can see, the purchase blocker (can take up to 90 minutes to enable and or disable) is what will limit you from getting anything that has a cost associated with it.

Knight Rider Rules.gif

AT&T's return policy has changed effective 10/07/12.  You have 14 days to return the device & cxl without a ETF.  Policy info HERE.

Where is Justin Timberlake when you need him?. I need him to billed me a bridge to get a cross all these tears from complainers.This post is protected under the laws of the United States & other Countries. Unauthorized duplication, Distribution may result in civil liability & criminal prosecution.The OP gratefully acknowledge the cooperation of: The mods, Fellow forumites, Canada, The United States Of America, Mexico, USVI & Europe. As well as James Bond.

When the going gets rough, hide in a pillow fort and pretend you don't exist.

sherocks21 wrote:

The content filter only restricts the sites that you can see not what you can buy from the sites you can see, the purchase blocker (can take up to 90 minutes to enable and or disable) is what will limit you from getting anything that has a cost associated with it.

Knight Rider Rules.gif

AT&T's return policy has changed effective 10/07/12.  You have 14 days to return the device & cxl without a ETF.  Policy info HERE.

Where is Justin Timberlake when you need him?. I need him to billed me a bridge to get a cross all these tears from complainers.This post is protected under the laws of the United States & other Countries. Unauthorized duplication, Distribution may result in civil liability & criminal prosecution.The OP gratefully acknowledge the cooperation of: The mods, Fellow forumites, Canada, The United States Of America, Mexico, USVI & Europe. As well as James Bond.

When the going gets rough, hide in a pillow fort and pretend you don't exist.

Re: How can I turn off the CONTENT FILTER?

2 of 2 (3,150 Views)