Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Sep 20, 2010
6:29:19 PM
View profile
How can I get a new cell phone number?

I currently have a plan with ATT, but was looking into changing my current cell number for another. I was first wondering if that was possible and secondly how I would be able to do so. I have been getting many prank calls and would just like to have a new number.

I currently have a plan with ATT, but was looking into changing my current cell number for another. I was first wondering if that was possible and secondly how I would be able to do so. I have been getting many prank calls and would just like to have a new number.

How can I get a new cell phone number?

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 20, 2010 6:37:03 PM
(0)
Professor

ealeman3 wrote:

Get you bill or log onto your online account and get the dates and phone numbers of the prankster. With that information in hand, call Customer Care 800-331-0500. Explain to the rep what has been happening and give them the information you collected. That way, you have your ammunition in hand to prove your need to get another number. Remember to speak to the rep like you would want someone talking to you and you can get a lot done quickly.

Good luck and let us know how it went.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Zombie Hunter Mission Statement

Exterminate the living dead and keep our fellow citizens alive and safe. We will be connecting with our fellow businesses, the police department, funeral home, and weapon manufacturers to help map out, and exterminate the pesky living dead from our community.

~~~Seth Mendenhall

ealeman3 wrote:

Get you bill or log onto your online account and get the dates and phone numbers of the prankster. With that information in hand, call Customer Care 800-331-0500. Explain to the rep what has been happening and give them the information you collected. That way, you have your ammunition in hand to prove your need to get another number. Remember to speak to the rep like you would want someone talking to you and you can get a lot done quickly.

Good luck and let us know how it went.

Exterminate the living dead and keep our fellow citizens alive and safe. We will be connecting with our fellow businesses, the police department, funeral home, and weapon manufacturers to help map out, and exterminate the pesky living dead from our community.

~~~Seth Mendenhall

Re: How can I get a new cell phone number?

2 of 6 (744 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 21, 2010 3:07:44 PM
(0)
Former Employee

Or you can just call and ask for a new number.

3 of 6 (728 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 21, 2010 4:32:53 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

drumn_bass wrote:

Someone here on the Forums stated that it cost about $40 to get your number switched. (I don't remember the circumstances, though.)

I don't think that that is true...?

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

drumn_bass wrote:

Someone here on the Forums stated that it cost about $40 to get your number switched. (I don't remember the circumstances, though.)

I don't think that that is true...?

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 6 (719 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 22, 2010 1:48:07 AM
(0)
Professor

drumn_bass wrote:

Hey drumn-bass, I thought you had to provide a reason for getting your number changed? Or maybe that was to get it done at no charge....

~~~Seth Mendenhall

drumn_bass wrote:

Hey drumn-bass, I thought you had to provide a reason for getting your number changed? Or maybe that was to get it done at no charge....

~~~Seth Mendenhall

5 of 6 (709 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 22, 2010 9:13:42 AM
(0)
Scholar

you can call customer service and askthem to change youre number, remember change it on youre bill cycle date because if you dont do it like that, you will have prorated charges...has a fee for $36

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, stategies or opinions.

you can call customer service and askthem to change youre number, remember change it on youre bill cycle date because if you dont do it like that, you will have prorated charges...has a fee for $36

6 of 6 (702 Views)