Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jan 13, 2011
11:27:38 AM
View profile
How about combining data packages for iphone and ipad

I am suggesting that AT&T figure out a way to offer combined data packages for iphone and ipad. Right now I pay about 45.00 per month and I know I only use a fraction of the data I pay for.  I am using this forum to suggest this because it is impossible to contact ATT in any other way. The customer service staff can't help because ipad is not on a contract.

ATT, let's fix this or I  will cancel my ipad data plan and you will lose $30 a month.  I can get by without checking my email on the train. If you combined the data plans and offered a deal, you would keep all of my data business.

I am suggesting that AT&T figure out a way to offer combined data packages for iphone and ipad. Right now I pay about 45.00 per month and I know I only use a fraction of the data I pay for.  I am using this forum to suggest this because it is impossible to contact ATT in any other way. The customer service staff can't help because ipad is not on a contract.

ATT, let's fix this or I  will cancel my ipad data plan and you will lose $30 a month.  I can get by without checking my email on the train. If you combined the data plans and offered a deal, you would keep all of my data business.

How about combining data packages for iphone and ipad

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 13, 2011 12:34:00 PM
(0)
Master

It is possible that you will be able to do this if the update which the Verizon phone is getting comes to at&t as well.  This update allows the iPhone to function as a wifi hotspot so other devices can connect to the internet.  I don't however expect it will be much cheaper. So I'm not sure if that will meet your requirement at that time. 

It is possible that you will be able to do this if the update which the Verizon phone is getting comes to at&t as well.  This update allows the iPhone to function as a wifi hotspot so other devices can connect to the internet.  I don't however expect it will be much cheaper. So I'm not sure if that will meet your requirement at that time. 

Re: How about combining data packages for iphone and ipad

2 of 5 (1,791 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 13, 2011 12:46:15 PM
(0)
Master

Yes don't expect the Hotspot feature in the new iOS 4.3 to be free.

On the screen to set up the Hotspot, if you click it, there is a screen that pops up stating you have to call or log into the MyWireless site to sign up for it.  I haven't called yet as no customer service agent would have information yet as it hasn't gone live.  And I'm not going to sign up for a tethering plan to test as I would loose my unlimited data plan.

I suspect it will be the same thing/plan as the current tethering (same plan/cost/allowance).  To have it enabled you will need to have tethering enabled on your account which would allow you to tether via the current cable connection or tether via the future hotspot feature.

Yes don't expect the Hotspot feature in the new iOS 4.3 to be free.

On the screen to set up the Hotspot, if you click it, there is a screen that pops up stating you have to call or log into the MyWireless site to sign up for it.  I haven't called yet as no customer service agent would have information yet as it hasn't gone live.  And I'm not going to sign up for a tethering plan to test as I would loose my unlimited data plan.

I suspect it will be the same thing/plan as the current tethering (same plan/cost/allowance).  To have it enabled you will need to have tethering enabled on your account which would allow you to tether via the current cable connection or tether via the future hotspot feature.

3 of 5 (1,774 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 13, 2011 1:29:13 PM
(0)
Master

Do you honestly expect this to happen?  People wander in here and "imagineer" all sorts of silly pricing structures, technologies, and service requests.  Nobody from AT&T is going to wander in here and engage in any kind of meaningful dialogue with you or any other customer regarding their business policies or pricing decisions.  And I doubt that anyone from AT&T at a sufficiently high level to do anything is even reading this.

Do you honestly expect this to happen?  People wander in here and "imagineer" all sorts of silly pricing structures, technologies, and service requests.  Nobody from AT&T is going to wander in here and engage in any kind of meaningful dialogue with you or any other customer regarding their business policies or pricing decisions.  And I doubt that anyone from AT&T at a sufficiently high level to do anything is even reading this.

4 of 5 (1,743 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 13, 2011 3:35:06 PM
(0)
Professor
Nor are they going to do something like just because someone says they'll leave if it doesn't happen, even if they would read it.
Nor are they going to do something like just because someone says they'll leave if it doesn't happen, even if they would read it.

5 of 5 (1,704 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments