How Can I Set Up Access to My Home Roadrunner.com Email on My iPhone 3Gs ?

Tutor

How Can I Set Up Access to My Home Roadrunner.com Email on My iPhone 3Gs ?

How to Get to Home Email Account on my iPhone 3
Hi -

I have TWO QUESTIONS -

I am very new at this. I have been given a G3 iPhone and have not yet been able to figure out how to get to my email.

I subscribe to the Time-Warner service at my home for telephone, television, and internet.

As a result, I have an internet email account with Roadrunner.

I use my name as the first part of my address, so my address is:

myname@roadrunner.com

QUESTION 1: Can I get to my home Roadrunner email by getting on the internet through Safari and going to [url]www.webmail.roadrunner.com[url] and then entering my password - which is exactly what I can do on my computer at home ??

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

QUESTION 2: Can I set up access to my roadrunner account at the same page on my iPhone where the Google Mail, Yahoo.com, and other free email services appear?

There is a tab at the bottom of that page that says "Other", so I am guess that that is where I would go to do this.

But I seem to get very lost and confused beyond that point.

Thank you in advance for any help you may be able to give me in making it possible to tap into my home email while I am away from home -- especially when I am traveling.
Message 1 of 3 (2,298 Views)

Re: How Can I Set Up Access to My Home Roadrunner.com Email on My iPhone 3Gs ?

I'm not familiar with the iPhone, but your questions shouldn't be specific to it.

Can you use your phone's browser to use your email service's web interface?  You should be able to.  It's just a web page.  Now, for various reasons mobile browsers don't normally have all of the plugins (such as Flash) a computer's browser would, so it's possible the web interface may rely on a feature you don't have or can't get; but that should be rare.

Can you set it up as an email account on the phone?  If your email provider provides POP3 (or possibly IMAP - I don't know whether your phone supports it) access, you can.  You're right about choosing "Other."  When you do, it should ask you for some server addresses/settings - either an IMAP server, or the combination of one POP3 and one SMTP server.  You would need to find what those are from your email provider.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 3 (2,258 Views)

Re: How Can I Set Up Access to My Home Roadrunner.com Email on My iPhone 3Gs ?

Specifically with roadrunner.com: Go to the web page, then scroll all the way to the bottom.  There's a link labeled "Webmail Support."  Follow that, and if it pops up asking your service and location fill it in.  Find the FAQ titled "E-Mail Server Addresses."  That will tell you what information to put into your phone's email settings (from what I see, it's only POP3 and not IMAP).

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 3 (2,254 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.