Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Sep 15, 2010
6:39:38 PM
How Can I Get The Latest Software Updates for My Mythic

Hello, I purchased my Mythic about 10 months ago and I havea friend who just recently purchased one. I checked my phone and her phone and the versions of software are different. If you've read any of my previous posts, you know I am looking to have the "Event Widget" automatically disappear after all messages, voice mails, missed calls have been acknowledged.

My friend' newer Mythic does have this capability so I'm convinced it is related to a later software release. Samsung told me to reset my phone which I did, but nothing changed and then they told me to call AT&T who should be able to provide me with the latest version of the software. The AT&T rep was unable to find any later version within the AT&T website so I guess I'm back to square 1. So, with all that said - does anyone know where I could get this latest version of software? Your help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Hello, I purchased my Mythic about 10 months ago and I havea friend who just recently purchased one. I checked my phone and her phone and the versions of software are different. If you've read any of my previous posts, you know I am looking to have the "Event Widget" automatically disappear after all messages, voice mails, missed calls have been acknowledged.

My friend' newer Mythic does have this capability so I'm convinced it is related to a later software release. Samsung told me to reset my phone which I did, but nothing changed and then they told me to call AT&T who should be able to provide me with the latest version of the software. The AT&T rep was unable to find any later version within the AT&T website so I guess I'm back to square 1. So, with all that said - does anyone know where I could get this latest version of software? Your help would be appreciated. Thanks.

How Can I Get The Latest Software Updates for My Mythic

11 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(11)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 16, 2010 11:56:56 AM
(0)
Professor

The only way for you to get a software update is to go to the Samsung site, search for your phone and see what downloads are available.

I just checked their site and there are no software downloads listed for the Mythic. Since it is a Samsung issue, you can try and call or email them with your request.

Samsung support ph# 1.800.726.7864

Link for email.

Good luck

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Zombie Hunter Mission Statement

Exterminate the living dead and keep our fellow citizens alive and safe. We will be connecting with our fellow businesses, the police department, funeral home, and weapon manufacturers to help map out, and exterminate the pesky living dead from our community.

~~~Seth Mendenhall

The only way for you to get a software update is to go to the Samsung site, search for your phone and see what downloads are available.

I just checked their site and there are no software downloads listed for the Mythic. Since it is a Samsung issue, you can try and call or email them with your request.

Samsung support ph# 1.800.726.7864

Link for email.

Good luck

Exterminate the living dead and keep our fellow citizens alive and safe. We will be connecting with our fellow businesses, the police department, funeral home, and weapon manufacturers to help map out, and exterminate the pesky living dead from our community.

~~~Seth Mendenhall

Re: How Can I Get The Latest Software Updates for My Mythic

2 of 12 (3,117 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 16, 2010 1:20:52 PM
(0)
Mentor

Thanks for your email. I already went the route of calling them. They told me to do a reset which did not solve the problem, and then referred me over to AT&T who they say are supposed to have the updates available. The rep from AT&T really tried to help but could find nothing. Guess I need to make yet another call back to Samsung. All for a disappearing event widget!

Thanks for your email. I already went the route of calling them. They told me to do a reset which did not solve the problem, and then referred me over to AT&T who they say are supposed to have the updates available. The rep from AT&T really tried to help but could find nothing. Guess I need to make yet another call back to Samsung. All for a disappearing event widget!

3 of 12 (3,097 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 17, 2010 1:39:07 AM
(0)
Professor
Edited by Zombiehunter on Sep 17, 2010 at 1:48:03 AM

frank1203 wrote:

One thing that you will find out about AT&T is that they very rarely give out updates that a phone maker gives carriers. In other words, Samsung will say that upgrades have been sent to your provider, AT&T, and they will provide them to you. AT&T will say that they cannot locate any upgrade for your phone, call Samsung and get it from them.

So, what to do, what to do....

As you said in your last reply, call Samsung back and say that your provider says they don't have or cannot find any upgrade and to call the phone maker...

Not saying that your helpful rep wasn't really trying. It's just that the reps usually do not have access to upgrades and cannot locate any upgrades. That's why we are almost always told to contact the maker.

Go figure....

Be nice to Samsung cuz they provide the updates, but AT&T for some reason doesn't give us access to them.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Edit

One thing just came to my slightly used mind...you can try and give AT&T tech chat a try. The techs might have access to those updates if Samsung did in fact release any to them.

Hours of Operation:
Mon-Fri: 8 am -11 pm ET
Sat: 9 am - 9 pm ET

~~~Seth Mendenhall

frank1203 wrote:

One thing that you will find out about AT&T is that they very rarely give out updates that a phone maker gives carriers. In other words, Samsung will say that upgrades have been sent to your provider, AT&T, and they will provide them to you. AT&T will say that they cannot locate any upgrade for your phone, call Samsung and get it from them.

So, what to do, what to do....

As you said in your last reply, call Samsung back and say that your provider says they don't have or cannot find any upgrade and to call the phone maker...

Not saying that your helpful rep wasn't really trying. It's just that the reps usually do not have access to upgrades and cannot locate any upgrades. That's why we are almost always told to contact the maker.

Go figure....

Be nice to Samsung cuz they provide the updates, but AT&T for some reason doesn't give us access to them.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Edit

One thing just came to my slightly used mind...you can try and give AT&T tech chat a try. The techs might have access to those updates if Samsung did in fact release any to them.

Hours of Operation:
Mon-Fri: 8 am -11 pm ET
Sat: 9 am - 9 pm ET

~~~Seth Mendenhall

[ Edited ]
4 of 12 (3,041 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 19, 2010 9:04:54 AM
(0)
Scholar
You are supposed to be able to get software updates for this phone over the air. But every time I try and do it on my phone when it says "continue update" I tap on that and nothing ever happens.
You are supposed to be able to get software updates for this phone over the air. But every time I try and do it on my phone when it says "continue update" I tap on that and nothing ever happens.

5 of 12 (2,955 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 19, 2010 10:26:32 AM
(0)
Mentor

Yes. Exactly. Its very annoying. I have tried the same thing and tap on "continue update" and nothing happens. I will try and call Samsung again (for the third time) about this tomorrow if I can. All I want is for that Event Widget to pop back into the Widget bar after all alerts have been checked! This has been going on way too long!

Yes. Exactly. Its very annoying. I have tried the same thing and tap on "continue update" and nothing happens. I will try and call Samsung again (for the third time) about this tomorrow if I can. All I want is for that Event Widget to pop back into the Widget bar after all alerts have been checked! This has been going on way too long!

6 of 12 (2,944 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 21, 2010 2:43:05 AM
(0)
Mentor

Hey Ghostryder,

I wanted to let you know that I did speak to Samsung again last night regarding the updates. After being on hold for more than 30 minutes to get to a Level 2 tech, I was then transferred to a level 3 tech..  The answer is there was no resolution. Both tech's said they can find no new software versions for this phone but did acknowledge it was possible, just not released yet. They keep pointing back to AT&T, but as I mentioned before, I contacted AT&T who had no additional information on this. So, I guess in the scheme of importance, this is minor but I stil would like to be able to have that Event Widget automatically opo back into the Widget Bar once all messages / alerts are acknowledged.

Since I believe you are one of the people where this feature works on their Mythic - can you let me know what software version you have and when you purchased your phone? Reason I ask is that I purchased my Mythic in late 2009 and I'm guessing the new software version was released this year in the newer phones. You can access the software version through "Settings"; "Phone Information" My software version is A897UCIIA. Thanks!

Frank

Hey Ghostryder,

I wanted to let you know that I did speak to Samsung again last night regarding the updates. After being on hold for more than 30 minutes to get to a Level 2 tech, I was then transferred to a level 3 tech..  The answer is there was no resolution. Both tech's said they can find no new software versions for this phone but did acknowledge it was possible, just not released yet. They keep pointing back to AT&T, but as I mentioned before, I contacted AT&T who had no additional information on this. So, I guess in the scheme of importance, this is minor but I stil would like to be able to have that Event Widget automatically opo back into the Widget Bar once all messages / alerts are acknowledged.

Since I believe you are one of the people where this feature works on their Mythic - can you let me know what software version you have and when you purchased your phone? Reason I ask is that I purchased my Mythic in late 2009 and I'm guessing the new software version was released this year in the newer phones. You can access the software version through "Settings"; "Phone Information" My software version is A897UCIIA. Thanks!

Frank

7 of 12 (2,855 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 21, 2010 12:03:41 PM
(0)
Professor

The phone was purchased in Aug, '10 and it is the same software. There's something that's not making sense here. Why is your display not function the same as mine if the software is the same.....

~~~Seth Mendenhall

The phone was purchased in Aug, '10 and it is the same software. There's something that's not making sense here. Why is your display not function the same as mine if the software is the same.....

~~~Seth Mendenhall

8 of 12 (2,801 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 21, 2010 1:01:50 PM
(0)
Mentor

Good question. I thought for sure that your Mythic would have a diferent software version than mine becuase it about 8 months newer. My friend also bought her Mythic in August 2010 and her software version is different. Hmm. So, before we start checking for other things.. You did say that your event widget automatically pops back into the widget bar once you've checked all your alerst right? You don't have to manually drag it into the widget bar, correct? Maybe you should check one more time please. While we're thinking about it - I wonder if the above is true then there must be some other setting that we are missing here. Thanks.

Good question. I thought for sure that your Mythic would have a diferent software version than mine becuase it about 8 months newer. My friend also bought her Mythic in August 2010 and her software version is different. Hmm. So, before we start checking for other things.. You did say that your event widget automatically pops back into the widget bar once you've checked all your alerst right? You don't have to manually drag it into the widget bar, correct? Maybe you should check one more time please. While we're thinking about it - I wonder if the above is true then there must be some other setting that we are missing here. Thanks.

9 of 12 (2,787 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 22, 2010 1:10:20 AM
(0)
Professor
Edited by Zombiehunter on Sep 22, 2010 at 1:10:44 AM

The widget bar goes back automatically once the alerts have been checked. So, I'm thinking that there might be some setting that is being missed somewhere.

Has yours always had the widget stay on the screen after all messages have been checked?

If not, maybe a reset of your phone is in order?

~~~Seth Mendenhall

The widget bar goes back automatically once the alerts have been checked. So, I'm thinking that there might be some setting that is being missed somewhere.

Has yours always had the widget stay on the screen after all messages have been checked?

If not, maybe a reset of your phone is in order?

~~~Seth Mendenhall

[ Edited ]
10 of 12 (2,709 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 22, 2010 2:55:43 AM
(0)
Mentor

Yes, my Event Widget has always stayed on the main screen even affter I acknowledge all messages; missed calls, etc.  Believe me - I've done numerous resets on the phone as directed by Samsung. What a pain everytime I do that because I lose a lot of settings.

As far as settings on the phone - I think I have looked through everything. I went into each setting and could find nothing that talks about the Event Widget. As you know I have contacted Samsung and AT&T numerous times on this and they know of nothing. What makes sense is disabling that widget from the Display setting. Only problem is that the event widget is not one of the widgets displayed that would allow me to uncheck that box.

We're going round and round on this. I'm ready to give up. You not having that newere software version, but it still working correctly for you kind of killed my premise that it was software related. I'm wondering about firmware.

Surely somebody out there can comment on this issue. Are there no AT&T reps reading tis that can shed some light? It woukd certainly be appreciated.

Yes, my Event Widget has always stayed on the main screen even affter I acknowledge all messages; missed calls, etc.  Believe me - I've done numerous resets on the phone as directed by Samsung. What a pain everytime I do that because I lose a lot of settings.

As far as settings on the phone - I think I have looked through everything. I went into each setting and could find nothing that talks about the Event Widget. As you know I have contacted Samsung and AT&T numerous times on this and they know of nothing. What makes sense is disabling that widget from the Display setting. Only problem is that the event widget is not one of the widgets displayed that would allow me to uncheck that box.

We're going round and round on this. I'm ready to give up. You not having that newere software version, but it still working correctly for you kind of killed my premise that it was software related. I'm wondering about firmware.

Surely somebody out there can comment on this issue. Are there no AT&T reps reading tis that can shed some light? It woukd certainly be appreciated.

11 of 12 (1,465 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 17, 2011 6:46:05 PM
(0)
Contributor

I purchased my MYTHIC November 2010 My Software is A897UCJC1 And i dont have the Event widget either.  And cant find any updates except for PC studio form samsung which doesnt help.

I purchased my MYTHIC November 2010 My Software is A897UCJC1 And i dont have the Event widget either.  And cant find any updates except for PC studio form samsung which doesnt help.

12 of 12 (1,321 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments