High End Android Devices Announced at CES!

Scholar

High End Android Devices Announced at CES!

Message 1 of 20 (1,724 Views)
Master

Re: High End Android Devices Announced at CES!

Finally something decent (the Captivate doesn't count), but I bet all three and any future ones are locked to the Android Market. No sideloading without help from your computer. Speaking of future android phones there was talk on some of other android blog sites that AT&T will release a total of twelve this year. That's right, twelve!
Probably from mobile, maybe. Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 20 (1,690 Views)
Scholar

Yeah, 20 phones total with 12 of those being Android-based. The Motorola and HTC are scheduled for Q1 and the Samsung for Q2.
Message 3 of 20 (1,681 Views)
Professor

And of course, nothing really nice with an external keyboard. I don't care for crazy thin. I just want a high end  Android device with an external keyboard.

Message 4 of 20 (1,577 Views)
Master

Maybe one of those other nine upcoming android phones will have a physical keyboard. Well one can hope.
Message 5 of 20 (1,560 Views)
Master

An official news release to boot!
http://www.att.com/gen/press-room?pid=18885&cdvn=news&newsarticleid=31477&mapcode=consumer|financial
Message 6 of 20 (1,556 Views)
Master

Thanks for posting this, Rounin. Finally, something to look forward to! I really am liking that Samsung. It seems to fit my needs pretty well, and has a HUGE screen! Finally, something larger than 4"! Smiley Very Happy The Motorola looks...alright, but I am liking the Samsung better. I'm not really a huge fan to the HTC as of right now, despite the large screen... I can't wait to see these roll out on the market. I think they're bound to be a hit. Smiley Wink

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 7 of 20 (1,507 Views)
Master

To revise that older post, I am beginnin to like the HTC better. It has great styling, and I heard HTC's are pretty reliable and have good build quality. You can't beat that 8 MP camera - with flash. Although I am a Samsung enthusiast, the Infuse looks...a little bit too basic for my liking. I mean, it has a huge screen, but the HTC has the styling I like a little better...

Message 8 of 20 (1,354 Views)
Mentor

The Htc is nothing more than a rebranded HTC Desire HD, to bad because I was going to get the unbranded, unlocked version of this phone, so instead I am getting the Desire Z and it DOES have a fold out QWERTY on it!!!

Message 9 of 20 (1,237 Views)

Moe3754 wrote:

The Htc is nothing more than a rebranded HTC Desire HD, to bad because I was going to get the unbranded, unlocked version of this phone, so instead I am getting the Desire Z and it DOES have a fold out QWERTY on it!!!

It could be similar.  However, according to GSM Arena, the Desire HD only does HDMA, not HDMA+.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.
Message 10 of 20 (1,215 Views)
Professor

I for one am glad to see some decent phones coming out at ATT. seems like when I log on to phone review sites, every carrier were releasing phone after phone but we only saw a few here and there (backflip, yuk).  Now that the iphone is available elsewhere, I hope ATT start pushing out some high end phones that will keep us in the top running position.

Message 11 of 20 (972 Views)
Master

RicoLX wrote:

I for one am glad to see some decent phones coming out at ATT. seems like when I log on to phone review sites, every carrier were releasing phone after phone but we only saw a few here and there (backflip, yuk).  Now that the iphone is available elsewhere, I hope ATT start pushing out some high end phones that will keep us in the top running position.

I'm sure they'll begin to. With the iPhone moving on, they will start focusing on releasing more Android devices to compete with the other three major characters, especially with Verizon, since they "stole" the iPhone from them... Smiley Very Happy There first set is the new 4G phones that were mentioned earlier. I am liking the HTC, but let's wait and see what else comes out.

Message 12 of 20 (961 Views)

I bet the new Samsung is the same as the worthless captivate.

Message 13 of 20 (925 Views)
Professor

Wild Banchi wrote:

I'm sure they'll begin to. With the iPhone moving on, they will start focusing on releasing more Android devices to compete with the other three major characters, especially with Verizon, since they "stole" the iPhone from them... Smiley Very Happy There first set is the new 4G phones that were mentioned earlier. I am liking the HTC, but let's wait and see what else comes out.

Hope I can hold out long enough to get a decent phone.    My Tilt2 'just' bit the bullet.  Memorial services tonite at 7pm (sniff sniff).  Looks like the thing crashed. Cant power it off.  Take the battery out of course, but as soon as the battery is reinsertd, the keypad is lit and the screen goes into a ramdump mode.  Cant even hard reset the thing.... tsk tsk tsk...... Smiley Sad

Message 14 of 20 (920 Views)
Scholar

Latest rumor shows a March 1 release date for the Motorola Atrix.
Message 15 of 20 (914 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.