High End Android Devices Announced at CES!

Scholar

High End Android Devices Announced at CES!

Message 1 of 20
Scholar

Re: High End Android Devices Announced at CES!

While it's nice to see ATT finally get some quality android phones, I have serious doubts about the support. 

The 1.6 to 2.2 update has now been delayed again for the Streak, and from what I've read, none of the android phones on ATT have ever received an update to the os. Guess it's a matter of being happy with what you have, when you get it. If you don't/can't root, your'e stuck in the stone age.

Message 16 of 20
Scholar

Message 17 of 20
Master

Actually not entirely true. The Backflip has been updated from 1.5 to 2.1 android version. The HTC Aria has received a maintenance update for the phone.

That article was only discussing phones that have been updated to Android 2.2 and some of phones listed in the study did have OS updates just not to Android 2.2.
Probably from mobile, maybe. Smiley Happy
Message 18 of 20
Scholar

I wouldn't count the maintenance updates, since those generally deal with 'major' service related issues (though many are lacking as well, especially for Samsung's).

But from the stance of the Streak, 1.6 is abysmal and lacks several major facets of both the android experience and app availability. There are issues with the software that 'may' be addressed with 2.2, not the least of which is battery life. Yet, as with all the other android devices on ATT, NO ANDROID OS UPDATES!

Message 19 of 20
Highlighted
Professor

sitnsidewayz wrote:

And of course, nothing really nice with an external keyboard. I don't care for crazy thin. I just want a high end  Android device with an external keyboard.

SitnSidewayz: Thats one of the primary features I also look for in a new smartphone.  I like to have the option to use the virtual keys or the slideout/extended keyboard.  Thats why i've stayed with the Two Tilt versions for so long.  Looks like most if not all the upcoming releases got that 'iphone' thin style without a physical keyboard.  I hope one or two of the new releases this year will.

Message 20 of 20
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support