Helpful Links

Hiding numbers and text messages on paper bill

Contributor

Hiding numbers and text messages on paper bill

Is there any way certain numbers and text messages can be deleted/voided on the paper bill? 
Message 1 of 7

Re: Hiding numbers and text messages on paper bill

Well, you can opt out of detailed billing. That will hide all usage details, but there is no way to censor specific information on your statement.

I find it easier to simply have no secrets worth knowing.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 7
Contributor

Some people's lives are easier to live than others. Thank you anyway though.
Message 3 of 7
Scholar

your life is only as easy as you make it.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 4 of 7
Scholar

It is completely and utterly possible to stop it on the paper billing, just opt out of detailed billing. Realize though, this does not stop it from being able to be seen online. If you are really wanting to be secretive then you need to sign up for a Mywireless account first and put on not only a password, but a second one as added security. I forgot how to do this, but when I try to log in it asks for my password and then says for added security I need to put in my security number.
Message 5 of 7
Tutor

Though we all know why you want the numbers and text messages hid, but thats your personal problem. 

A simple suggestion is stop using your contract phone and go with a prepay. There is no paper trail on a prepay phone and you can pick one up in most walmarts for about 20 dollars to use to get ahold of the person your significant other doesn't need to know about.

Message Edited by RCMobile on 09-09-2009 08:49:29 AM
Message 6 of 7
Master

Owtlaw1 wrote:
It is completely and utterly possible to stop it on the paper billing, just opt out of detailed billing. Realize though, this does not stop it from being able to be seen online. If you are really wanting to be secretive then you need to sign up for a Mywireless account first and put on not only a password, but a second one as added security. I forgot how to do this, but when I try to log in it asks for my password and then says for added security I need to put in my security number.

For the extra security to prevent someone from accessing the account you add a PASSCODE. It also allows you to the IVR self service options.

Question:
What is the Security of My Personal Information?
What is an account passcode?
How can I secure my account information?
Answer:
Protecting customer information is of the utmost priority to AT&T. AT&T does not knowingly provide customer information to companies offering cell phone records for sale, and we have a variety of measures in place to protect unauthorized access to all customer information.

To further protect your information, we recommend that you place a 4-8 digit passcode on your account. Please Contact Us by Phone to add a passcode on your account. Choose a unique passcode, keep it in a secure place, and do not give it to anyone else unless you trust them with full access to and power over your account.

Having a numeric passcode on your account will also allow you to use our IVR self service options by calling 611 from your wireless device or 1-800-331-0500 from your home phone. When calling, if you do not have a numeric passcode on your account you will be routed to a Customer Service representative.

Passcode Requirements:
  • Must be numeric only
  • Must be 4-8 digits
  • May not include part of your wireless device/phone number or contact number
  • May not include any part of the account number
  • May not include parts of your Social Security Number (SSN)
  • May not include any part of the address on the account
  • Cannot be sequential (example:1234, 4321)
  • Cannot be all one number (example: 1111)
  • Should not be an easily guessed value (example: birthdays or anniversaries)

Message 7 of 7
Share this topic
Announcements

Is the iPhone X worth it? Find out why it totally is!

Find out how to track your iPhone's delivery!

Let us help you Give the Gift of AT&T Wireless this holiday season!

Additional Support