Ask a question

Posted Jan 11, 2012
    6:51:12 PM
    View profile
    Help

I have it for more than a year and at first it worked awesome.  But lately it is dropping the connection a lot.  Any suggestions on how i can correct this.  

Help

4 replies
    (0) Me too
    (0) Me too
    View all replies
    (4)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Jan 12, 2012 5:04:23 AM
    (0)
    Scholar

GatorHodge wrote:

I have it for more than a year and at first it worked awesome.  But lately it is dropping the connection a lot.  Any suggestions on how i can correct this.  

Has anything changed in your network?  New router?  New ISP?  Have you changed your phone, or applied a new upgrade?

Re: Help

2 of 5 (685 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Jan 12, 2012 5:52:18 AM
    (0)
    Contributor

I have a new blackberry but havent changed cell phone number or service provider.  Everything else has been the same.

3 of 5 (681 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Jan 12, 2012 6:19:25 AM
    (0)
    Contributor

Not a pro on this site at all..but I don't think this has anything to do with the phone.  I have had the same phone with AT&Tsucks since 2/2011.  I HAD to buy a microcell to be able to use my phone in my house, which is ridiculous since AT&Tsucks is the local service in my city, but whatever.  Anyway, same phone, no updates and I can walk from my office where the microcell is, through the door into the hallway and I will lose my microcell connection.  I restarted my phone no less that FOUR times yesterday to reconnect to this "booster".  I will get up every morning and have no signal at all, which is a major problem for me since my mother is 800 miles away and in bad health.  

I guess my point here is, don't question the customer for non-working equipment from the WORST of the big three cell providers in this country.  Given the choice again, I would have stayed with Verizon.  Yes, their customer service was poor, but that is a far cry better than not being able to use my phone IN MY HOUSE WITH A SIGNAL BOOSTER THAT I HAD TO PAY EXTRA FOR!!!!  And believe me when I speak to anybody, I tell them to absolutely not ever go with AT&Tsucks!

4 of 5 (677 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Jan 12, 2012 9:43:39 AM
    (0)
    Scholar

GatorHodge wrote:

I have a new blackberry but havent changed cell phone number or service provider.  Everything else has been the same.

Hmm.  The only "known" variable here is the blackberry.  Are there other phones in the house that use the Microcell?

5 of 5 (667 Views)