Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Oct 10, 2011
11:44:45 PM
View profile
Help with gsm surveylance camera

I purchased a GSM surveylance camera. I bought a sim card from ATT and added web data for non smart phones. I can get it to communicate via text but no pictures are being sent. When I put it in a phone it sends pictures fine. Any one have any ideas?

I purchased a GSM surveylance camera. I bought a sim card from ATT and added web data for non smart phones. I can get it to communicate via text but no pictures are being sent. When I put it in a phone it sends pictures fine. Any one have any ideas?

Help with gsm surveylance camera

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 11, 2011 4:38:12 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

Does the camera have both the 850/1900 mhz GSM frequencies that at&t uses?  And have you updated the settings it uses for MMS to those used by at&t?

=^..^=
There must be a happy medium somewhere between being totally informed and blissfully unaware.

- Doug Larson

Does the camera have both the 850/1900 mhz GSM frequencies that at&t uses?  And have you updated the settings it uses for MMS to those used by at&t?

=^..^=
There must be a happy medium somewhere between being totally informed and blissfully unaware.

- Doug Larson

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Help with gsm surveylance camera

2 of 4 (169 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 11, 2011 7:46:48 AM
(0)
Contributor

Hi. The literature says egsm900, dcs1800 then it says gsm850, pcs1900 optional. I tried updating the mms settings but I cant find anything on the internet that is consistent. It communicates with  me when I send a command via sms. 

Hi. The literature says egsm900, dcs1800 then it says gsm850, pcs1900 optional. I tried updating the mms settings but I cant find anything on the internet that is consistent. It communicates with  me when I send a command via sms. 

3 of 4 (162 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 12, 2011 4:38:06 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

Here is a post with MMS settings that looks consistent with what I am using.  Obviously your menu options and field names will probably differ somewhat, but hopefully you can follow it well enough to feel comfortable that the device's settings are correct for MMS service.

http://forums.att.com/t5/General-Device-Support/CECT-P168-Internet-and-MMS-Settings-that-work-Email-...

Since at&t uses both the 850 and the 1900 mhz GSM frequencies, your problem may lie in the fact that the camera only has the 850 mhz GSM.  If at&t isn't using that frequency for data service in your area, you will have problems with MMS.

=^..^=

- Doug Larson

Here is a post with MMS settings that looks consistent with what I am using.  Obviously your menu options and field names will probably differ somewhat, but hopefully you can follow it well enough to feel comfortable that the device's settings are correct for MMS service.

http://forums.att.com/t5/General-Device-Support/CECT-P168-Internet-and-MMS-Settings-that-work-Email-Info-Java/m-p/1360106#M20769

Since at&t uses both the 850 and the 1900 mhz GSM frequencies, your problem may lie in the fact that the camera only has the 850 mhz GSM.  If at&t isn't using that frequency for data service in your area, you will have problems with MMS.

=^..^=

- Doug Larson

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 4 (141 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments