Helpful Links

Help with gsm surveylance camera

Contributor

Help with gsm surveylance camera

I purchased a GSM surveylance camera. I bought a sim card from ATT and added web data for non smart phones. I can get it to communicate via text but no pictures are being sent. When I put it in a phone it sends pictures fine. Any one have any ideas?

Message 1 of 4
Master

Re: Help with gsm surveylance camera

Does the camera have both the 850/1900 mhz GSM frequencies that at&t uses?  And have you updated the settings it uses for MMS to those used by at&t?

=^..^=
There must be a happy medium somewhere between being totally informed and blissfully unaware.

- Doug Larson

Message 2 of 4
Contributor

Hi. The literature says egsm900, dcs1800 then it says gsm850, pcs1900 optional. I tried updating the mms settings but I cant find anything on the internet that is consistent. It communicates with  me when I send a command via sms. 

Message 3 of 4
Highlighted
Master

Here is a post with MMS settings that looks consistent with what I am using.  Obviously your menu options and field names will probably differ somewhat, but hopefully you can follow it well enough to feel comfortable that the device's settings are correct for MMS service.

http://forums.att.com/t5/General-Device-Support/CECT-P168-Internet-and-MMS-Settings-that-work-Email-...

Since at&t uses both the 850 and the 1900 mhz GSM frequencies, your problem may lie in the fact that the camera only has the 850 mhz GSM.  If at&t isn't using that frequency for data service in your area, you will have problems with MMS.

=^..^=
There must be a happy medium somewhere between being totally informed and blissfully unaware.

- Doug Larson

Message 4 of 4
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?
Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

AT&T Locker is being discontinued on August 3rd. Find out what you need to do.

Additional Support