Help with Auto Disconnecting

Teacher

Help with Auto Disconnecting

[ Edited ]
Ok, when im only downloading some BIG file, my laptop card disconnects and I have to re-connect. The file I tried to download was 550MB. It was a CPU game that is only available at download.com. Its not published anywhere else. I have 6.6.10 AT&T Communication Manager. It wont disconnect if im not downloading a huge file(300MB+). I have USBConnect 881 and Windows Vista. When it was downloading it, it got to 250MB/550MB. I have Edge Network so my speeds are 200KBS download and 56KPS upload. I have 5 bars everytime. I would really like to download that game though. My friend has an internet connection that is 6MBS download, but I wont be able to see him in 8 months. Everyone else has EDGE or dialup. So, how do I cure this problem?

P.S. I had my laptop card for 2 months and under $59.99 per month contract.

Thanks, so much! Have a great day! Smiley Happy

Message Edited by Braxton 56 on 04-13-2008 10:19:18 PM
Message 1 of 5 (2,357 Views)
Guru

Re: Help with Auto Disconnecting

Try using the Opera browser. It lets you resume stalled downloads.

http://www.opera.com/download/
Message 2 of 5 (2,349 Views)
Teacher

Well I want to keep FireFox brouser.

Anything else?
Message 3 of 5 (2,324 Views)
Mentor

is the server youre downloading from timing out or it just disconnects?  I have had the same problem in the past using CM now I use dialup in windows and dont seem to have that problem anymore. downloaded full cd iso the other night took 10 hours on edge. I switched to dialup in windows originaly because ICS works a little better that way.
 Tom

875 air card in Vista ultimate SP1

PS you can use Opra and use firefox at same time
Message 4 of 5 (2,321 Views)
Explorer

I use a dowload manager so I can resume when my connection drops ther are several that work with fire fox I have  used Idm and get right they both cost but you can get a trial version to use for a month mydownloader is free but I haven't tested it yet.  But I do like getright better than idm.
Message 5 of 5 (2,224 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.