Help with Auto Disconnecting

Teacher

Help with Auto Disconnecting

Ok, when im only downloading some BIG file, my laptop card disconnects and I have to re-connect. The file I tried to download was 550MB. It was a CPU game that is only available at download.com. Its not published anywhere else. I have 6.6.10 AT&T Communication Manager. It wont disconnect if im not downloading a huge file(300MB+). I have USBConnect 881 and Windows Vista. When it was downloading it, it got to 250MB/550MB. I have Edge Network so my speeds are 200KBS download and 56KPS upload. I have 5 bars everytime. I would really like to download that game though. My friend has an internet connection that is 6MBS download, but I wont be able to see him in 8 months. Everyone else has EDGE or dialup. So, how do I cure this problem?

P.S. I had my laptop card for 2 months and under $59.99 per month contract.

Thanks, so much! Have a great day! Smiley Happy

Message Edited by Braxton 56 on 04-13-2008 10:19:18 PM
Message 1 of 5
Guru

Re: Help with Auto Disconnecting

Try using the Opera browser. It lets you resume stalled downloads.

http://www.opera.com/download/
Message 2 of 5
Teacher

Well I want to keep FireFox brouser.

Anything else?
Message 3 of 5
Mentor

is the server youre downloading from timing out or it just disconnects?  I have had the same problem in the past using CM now I use dialup in windows and dont seem to have that problem anymore. downloaded full cd iso the other night took 10 hours on edge. I switched to dialup in windows originaly because ICS works a little better that way.
 Tom

875 air card in Vista ultimate SP1

PS you can use Opra and use firefox at same time
Message 4 of 5
Highlighted
Explorer

I use a dowload manager so I can resume when my connection drops ther are several that work with fire fox I have  used Idm and get right they both cost but you can get a trial version to use for a month mydownloader is free but I haven't tested it yet.  But I do like getright better than idm.
Message 5 of 5
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support