Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Questions about your Smartphone data usage? Please join us here for a live “Ask an Expert” event on Wednesday, August 24th from 1-5 pm ET / 10am-2pm PT.

Wireless Forum

Posted Apr 13, 2008
8:12:36 PM
View profile
Help with Auto Disconnecting
Edited by Braxton 56 on Apr 13, 2008 at 8:19:18 PM
Ok, when im only downloading some BIG file, my laptop card disconnects and I have to re-connect. The file I tried to download was 550MB. It was a CPU game that is only available at download.com. Its not published anywhere else. I have 6.6.10 AT&T Communication Manager. It wont disconnect if im not downloading a huge file(300MB+). I have USBConnect 881 and Windows Vista. When it was downloading it, it got to 250MB/550MB. I have Edge Network so my speeds are 200KBS download and 56KPS upload. I have 5 bars everytime. I would really like to download that game though. My friend has an internet connection that is 6MBS download, but I wont be able to see him in 8 months. Everyone else has EDGE or dialup. So, how do I cure this problem?

P.S. I had my laptop card for 2 months and under $59.99 per month contract.

Thanks, so much! Have a great day! Smiley Happy

Message Edited by Braxton 56 on 04-13-2008 10:19:18 PM
Ok, when im only downloading some BIG file, my laptop card disconnects and I have to re-connect. The file I tried to download was 550MB. It was a CPU game that is only available at download.com. Its not published anywhere else. I have 6.6.10 AT&T Communication Manager. It wont disconnect if im not downloading a huge file(300MB+). I have USBConnect 881 and Windows Vista. When it was downloading it, it got to 250MB/550MB. I have Edge Network so my speeds are 200KBS download and 56KPS upload. I have 5 bars everytime. I would really like to download that game though. My friend has an internet connection that is 6MBS download, but I wont be able to see him in 8 months. Everyone else has EDGE or dialup. So, how do I cure this problem?

P.S. I had my laptop card for 2 months and under $59.99 per month contract.

Thanks, so much! Have a great day! Smiley Happy

Message Edited by Braxton 56 on 04-13-2008 10:19:18 PM

Help with Auto Disconnecting

[ Edited ]
4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 13, 2008 9:33:55 PM
(0)
Guru
Try using the Opera browser. It lets you resume stalled downloads.

http://www.opera.com/download/
Try using the Opera browser. It lets you resume stalled downloads.

http://www.opera.com/download/

Re: Help with Auto Disconnecting

2 of 5 (2,340 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 14, 2008 1:56:25 PM
(0)
Teacher
Well I want to keep FireFox brouser.

Anything else?
Well I want to keep FireFox brouser.

Anything else?

3 of 5 (2,315 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 14, 2008 3:56:14 PM
(0)
Mentor
is the server youre downloading from timing out or it just disconnects?  I have had the same problem in the past using CM now I use dialup in windows and dont seem to have that problem anymore. downloaded full cd iso the other night took 10 hours on edge. I switched to dialup in windows originaly because ICS works a little better that way.
 Tom

875 air card in Vista ultimate SP1

PS you can use Opra and use firefox at same time
is the server youre downloading from timing out or it just disconnects?  I have had the same problem in the past using CM now I use dialup in windows and dont seem to have that problem anymore. downloaded full cd iso the other night took 10 hours on edge. I switched to dialup in windows originaly because ICS works a little better that way.
 Tom

875 air card in Vista ultimate SP1

PS you can use Opra and use firefox at same time

4 of 5 (2,312 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 21, 2008 7:50:57 AM
(0)
Explorer
I use a dowload manager so I can resume when my connection drops ther are several that work with fire fox I have  used Idm and get right they both cost but you can get a trial version to use for a month mydownloader is free but I haven't tested it yet.  But I do like getright better than idm.
I use a dowload manager so I can resume when my connection drops ther are several that work with fire fox I have  used Idm and get right they both cost but you can get a trial version to use for a month mydownloader is free but I haven't tested it yet.  But I do like getright better than idm.

5 of 5 (2,215 Views)