Help! consistent over-charges of 1 minute

Help! consistent over-charges of 1 minute

My wife's phone, Samsung A-197, charges an extra minute on every call. What to do?

Message 1 of 8 (272 Views)
Master

Re: Help! consistent over-charges of 1 minute

Are you sure? You could just be estimating the time wrong.

For example, a call that lasts a minute and 27 seconds is billed as 2 minutes. On my plan, it would cost $0.20 for that call.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 2 of 8 (262 Views)

Anything less than 60 seconds, $.20; 1 minute +, $.30, and so on...
Message 3 of 8 (255 Views)
Master

I would contact customer service about this issue and see what they might have to say. Your wife can dial 611 from her phone, say "more options", then "customer service". She will then be connected to a live rep who should be able to explain the extra charges (if there are any).

Message 4 of 8 (246 Views)

Thank you. Hope that works...
Message 5 of 8 (241 Views)
Master

You're welcome. Good luck.

Message 6 of 8 (240 Views)
Former Community Manager

Please let us know what you find out!

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Message 7 of 8 (227 Views)

I was advised that dialing time time is counted and that 6 rings counts as 2 minutes. My wife doesn't always speed dial but will monitor usage this week and I'll update then.
Message 8 of 8 (207 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.