Help cannot use priority cabling -when I do, I lose Iphone service and Internet service

Teacher

Help cannot use priority cabling -when I do, I lose Iphone service and Internet service

I have Motorola SB - Netgear N300 Wireless Router - ATT 3G Microcell - ATT Iphone 4s with latest software update 

I am having this problem. I am unable to use the priority cabling ATT wants me to use, it will not give me an IP address. 

My first  2 Microcells died after 2 months use/ I am on my   third one  which like the others only connects using an alternate cabling method ( given to me by ATT) , however, the cabling effects my download speed.  

Without the Microcell I get download 18-20 Mbps upload 5.4 Mbps- Ping 79- I am paying for third tier which is 15-25

Microcell on cabled alternative way, I get Ping 98-150 Download 4.19Mbps Upload 3.66

This started with my first 3gMicro and has continued even after I replaced my Microcell.

I have spoken with ATT support over  30 times, Cox support, the same. Every time I set up using the cabling ATT suggests my IP address disappears and I cannot connect to the Internet or use my Iphone

I was told by ATT the problem was my router, so, I went out and bought a new router. This did not help. I spend 60 dollars getting a new router. ( It was not a problem with my Cisco Valet, I gave that to my daughter and it is working fine for her!) 

I called again, after talking to 6 representatives, ( one offered to send me another Microcell) the rep asked me what type of modem I am using. I said  I am using a Motorola Surfboard. He said, that's your problem, that Modem will not pick up an IP address from Microcell. He said I need to buy a new modem. Really... I have been having problems since September, no one ever  asked me what modem I was using or told me the modem is the problem. 

I am disgusted. 

I am a senior on a fixed income and going in for surgery in a week. I need my phone to work and my internet to work. 

I watch  movies using Netflix and Hulu and they are constantly buffering because I am not getting the Internet service I am paying for because of the Microcell. I cannot afford to just go and buy another modem after I just bought a new router replacing a Cisco one that worked just fine! And, I asked the rep which modem works with the Microcell, he told me NOT the surfboard, however, I am not allowed to suggest a modem brand.  I then called back and got another rep who said he never heard of this and many people use the Motorola SB without a problem!!! Really... 

So, how can I get help getting this to work. There is another post that I think talks about this  issue but I do not understand it...

Motorola SBG6580 SURFboard Wireless Cable Modem Gateway and MicroCell settings

I would appreciate any assistance, ATT told me there is no way to fix this other than getting a new modem that is not a Motorola SB.  That is not an option and then another rep told me that is not what I need to do, I just have to priority cable, however , it will not work! 

Right now I have it cabled modem to router , then,  Microcell to router.. it need to be modem to Microcell, however, as soon as I do that, the phone disconnects and I have no internet IP address. So, I lose phone and net. 

Sorry I need this explained in very basic terminology however, I am a senior and am not that internet savvy.

Thank you

Raven

Message 1 of 1
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support