Help Sharp t-mobile sidekick 3 cant connect to cingular network.

Tutor

Help Sharp t-mobile sidekick 3 cant connect to cingular network.

I got a sidekick 3 from a friend after my cell phone broke. I was told i could get my phone flashed and i could make calls and use text. Thats all i need a phone for. I cant seem to lock onto the cingular netwoek on my sidekick can anyone help? It says in the system information that my username, phone number, and icc id is not available hoq do i fix this? Also in netqork status it says service not signed in.signal strength is 20 asu and gsm registration constantly says searching

Message 1 of 10 (2,816 Views)
Employee

Re: Help Sharp t-mobile sidekick 3 cant connect to cingular network.

try this:

1) Take the phone and put in your AT&T/Cingular SIM card into the back of the phone. Make sure you've turned off the phone before taking out the battery.
2) Put back in the battery and wait for the phone to turn back on. If a screen comes up saying "Waiting for Activation", hold the Menu button (top left) and the "L" on the keyboard. Then let go. This should take you back to the main screen.
3) Menu Button > Settings > Network Options.
4) Scroll down to "Network Selection" and press "Scan and Select Manually". It'll look for networks, after it's done, make sure to select Cingular.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 10 (2,768 Views)
Tutor

Re: Help Sharp t-mobile sidekick 3 cant connect to cingular network.it

I'v done that it just says no network available device will automatically connect to the next available network. I think my sim card may be defective i threw my att phone against the wall and it just got obliterated on contact and i put my sim card just a few minutes ago into a pantech and it just says "registering sim" and wont get past that. Then I grabbed my friends nokia and put my sim card in that and it says cant read sim or something like that. But besides it being the sim card, maybe its not, could it be something else?

Message 3 of 10 (2,747 Views)
Employee

that's a SIM card issue. Just go ahead and get that replaced at an AT&T store and you should be on your way

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 4 of 10 (2,731 Views)
Master

eatyo wrote:

I got a sidekick 3 from a friend after my cell phone broke. 

eatyo wrote:

I think my sim card may be defective i threw my att phone against the wall and it just got obliterated on contact 

Got a chuckle out of that.  Hopefully the phone was broke before you threw it at the wall.
Let us know if the new SIM card solves the issue.

Message 5 of 10 (2,722 Views)
Tutor

Well I figured out the issue at hand here. My orignal phones imei is stuck to my sim card, I think the term is "network locked" as the go phones sim cards you need to have activated for 180 days from the first day you activate it. Then you can unlock the network of the simcard. So I just have to go to the ATT retail store and get a new sim card, get a sim card update on the new one keep my old number, and then register it to my sidekick 3 and it shall work. So if anyone has similar issue with the sidekick 3 and ATT sim, you probably are looking at the same fix I have.

Message 6 of 10 (2,710 Views)
Tutor

Oh and no the phone wasn't broken befor I threw it at the wall....

Message 7 of 10 (2,704 Views)
Employee

the imei and the ICCID (sim number) are not locked together. you do need a new SIM since it doesn't work in any phone

Employee Contributor*
Message 8 of 10 (2,663 Views)
Tutor

Re: Help Sharp t-mobile sidekick 3 cant connect to cingular network.

Yep walked into the AT&T store, they gave me a free new sim card, he scanned it, threw it in my phone, and what do you know, instantly worked. Thanks Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 10 (2,423 Views)
Highlighted

eatyo wrote:

I'v done that it just says no network available device will automatically connect to the next available network. I think my sim card may be defective i threw my att phone against the wall and it just got obliterated on contact and i put my sim card just a few minutes ago into a pantech and it just says "registering sim" and wont get past that. Then I grabbed my friends nokia and put my sim card in that and it says cant read sim or something like that. But besides it being the sim card, maybe its not, could it be something else?

Next time, take the sim card out of the phone before you throw it against the wall. Smiley Very Happy

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Prev. devices: SGS, Note 2, SGS3, Galaxy Nexus, T-Mobile, G2x, iPhone4, HTC HD2, HTC Fuze, HTC StarTrek, BB Bold
Message 10 of 10 (2,373 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.