Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jun 18, 2012
5:13:04 PM
View profile
Help! My phone won't turn on!

I don't know why. I have an iPhone 4 and it's never done this before. It was really hot today (over 90 degrees) and I was using it in the car to play music, but when I got home and unplugged it from my car, it shut itself off and won't turn back on. Has anyone else had this happen?

I don't know why. I have an iPhone 4 and it's never done this before. It was really hot today (over 90 degrees) and I was using it in the car to play music, but when I got home and unplugged it from my car, it shut itself off and won't turn back on. Has anyone else had this happen?

Help! My phone won't turn on!

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 18, 2012 5:17:54 PM
(0)
Professor
What happens if you plug it into a wall charger or into iTunes?
What happens if you plug it into a wall charger or into iTunes?

Re: Help! My phone won't turn on!

2 of 6 (1,516 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 18, 2012 5:24:45 PM
(0)
Contributor

It wouldn't do anything, but I rebooted it and it's come back to life... Ahhhh... My whole life is on this phone. I'm so glad to have it working again!

It wouldn't do anything, but I rebooted it and it's come back to life... Ahhhh... My whole life is on this phone. I'm so glad to have it working again!

3 of 6 (1,512 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 18, 2012 5:49:44 PM
(0)
Master

Make sure you are either using iCloud to backup your iPhone or backup via iTunes if the data is that important.  If it keeps causing problems, go to the Apple store and have them check it out.  www.apple.com/retail to make an appointment.

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

Make sure you are either using iCloud to backup your iPhone or backup via iTunes if the data is that important.  If it keeps causing problems, go to the Apple store and have them check it out.  www.apple.com/retail to make an appointment.

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
Posted from my iPhone _____________________________ For service or support questions including existing order status, call: Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500 Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser: https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

4 of 6 (1,503 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 19, 2012 5:56:27 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

It probably overheated and shut itself down. I've seen it happen occasionally, it should be fine. Keep your backups current in case it's failing though Smiley Happy

It probably overheated and shut itself down. I've seen it happen occasionally, it should be fine. Keep your backups current in case it's failing though Smiley Happy

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

5 of 6 (1,460 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 19, 2012 7:20:10 PM
(0)
Professor

Remember if it will not turn back on pkug it in to the charger this will wake the iphone up, or hold the home button and power button for 10 seconds.

Remember if it will not turn back on pkug it in to the charger this will wake the iphone up, or hold the home button and power button for 10 seconds.

hello!!!

6 of 6 (1,428 Views)