Help! My Bold 9700 Is stuck on GSM

Mentor

Help! My Bold 9700 Is stuck on GSM

Hello to all that could help me on this thread.

I am having quite a problem here. Just recently one morning when I was trying to access the internet, only to find out that the network is stuck on gsm. It won't go either EDGE or 3G. I tried rebooting the phone, battery pull, reseating the sim card, and still. Is AT& having network problem in my area that I am not aware of or is there something wrong here? Help would be appreciated

Thanks

Message 1 of 5
Master

Re: Help! My Bold 9700 Is stuck on GSM

Since you have already tried the two things that I would have recommended, I suggest that you call CS at 1-800-331-0500, and find out if there is an issue with AT&T's network in your area. They are the only ones who will be able to answer this question for you......
Message 2 of 5
Mentor

Seems like the problem fixed itself. Apparently it went to EDGE on its own, although it would do that too and eventually goes back to gsm and stays at gsm for a good while, but so far yesterday, stayed at EDGE all day.

This makes me to believe that AT&T is having network problems in my area? I surely hope my phone is not damaged. Did dropped it couple of times. Should I still contact AT&T?

Thanks for the advice.

Message 3 of 5
Master

MarioJP, without seeing the condition of your BB9700, or knowing what if any network related issues may or may not be going on in your area, it is impossible to say one way or the other what is the exact cause of your problem here. I can say that any kind of drop to a cell phone does have the potential to cause damage which might affect your coverage, but that doesn't mean this is what is going on in your case. I would first call CS at the number that I listed above, and if there are no service related issues in your area, take your BB into one of AT&T's device support centers, and let one of the techs do some trouble shooting with it.... If physical damage is not the cause, and they do find that there is a warranty related problem with your BB, they will swap it out for you.... Good luck, and please let us know how this turns out for you. Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 5
Mentor

I took out the sim card, and did a close examination. I noticed that the gold part has 3 scratch lines, like its wearing out but so far the sim card still works don't know if that can also be a contributing factor to the problem. So far the network is working fine and seems to gotten fixed on its own, and goes to 3G without a problem. And before it switches back to edge due to poor signal strength, or in a bad spot. It would go from 3G then gsm for split second and back to EDGE.

I guess this strange behavior finally stopped I hope. Anyone else had this problem? Question is should I replace my sim card?

Message 5 of 5
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.

Additional Support