Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Sep 23, 2011
9:54:56 AM
View profile
Help! I need to speak to an actual human being at AT&T!

I have a feeling I'm at the wrong place...All I want is to be able to speak to an actual human being about the problem I am having with my Pay As You Go phone. I refilled my account for the first time yesterday but it didn't seem to work. My balance is still zero, but my history says I refilled and the automated system recognizes that Go Phone card number I used wa used.

HELP!

I have a feeling I'm at the wrong place...All I want is to be able to speak to an actual human being about the problem I am having with my Pay As You Go phone. I refilled my account for the first time yesterday but it didn't seem to work. My balance is still zero, but my history says I refilled and the automated system recognizes that Go Phone card number I used wa used.

HELP!

Help! I need to speak to an actual human being at AT&T!

7 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(7)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 23, 2011 11:54:49 AM
(0)
Contributor

same situation with me...

But did you get message from 7535 also?

It was about "service is not available because of insufficient account balance.

same situation with me...

But did you get message from 7535 also?

It was about "service is not available because of insufficient account balance.

Re: Help! I need to speak to an actual human being at AT&T!

2 of 8 (2,627 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 23, 2011 1:03:23 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
Edited by Wild Banchi on Sep 23, 2011 at 1:04:38 PM
You have either one of two choices to reach a live representative. Your first option is to:

Call 1-800-331-0500 (AT&T customer service) from a landline or other type of telephone.

You next option is to dial 611, listen to the automated voice prompt system, and say, "main menu", then "more options", and then finally, "customer service". You may have to repeat it as necessary, but the system will eventually get confused and transfer you to a live representative that can help you with your account transaction.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

You have either one of two choices to reach a live representative. Your first option is to:

Call 1-800-331-0500 (AT&T customer service) from a landline or other type of telephone.

You next option is to dial 611, listen to the automated voice prompt system, and say, "main menu", then "more options", and then finally, "customer service". You may have to repeat it as necessary, but the system will eventually get confused and transfer you to a live representative that can help you with your account transaction.

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

[ Edited ]
3 of 8 (2,621 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 23, 2011 4:31:15 PM
(0)
Professor

Where did you guys buy the refill? We want to know so that we will not be short changed.

Where did you guys buy the refill? We want to know so that we will not be short changed.

4 of 8 (2,609 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 24, 2011 5:36:23 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

Wild Banchi wrote:

Just FYI - even this is an automated voice response system where you are pressed to indicate the phone number you are calling about.  Once you do so, you are transferred to the very same GoPhone IVR system. Smiley Wink  The only way to (somewhat) avoid an automated system of some type is to call 1-800-331-0500 and to then refuse to enter a phone number at the first menu prompt and subsequently repeatedly choose "More Options" and "Customer Service".  There is no "easier" way to reach a live rep than just simply using the GoPhone IVR to begin with (from your cell phone, if possible, and imho).

=^..^=
There must be a happy medium somewhere between being totally informed and blissfully unaware.

- Doug Larson

Wild Banchi wrote:

Just FYI - even this is an automated voice response system where you are pressed to indicate the phone number you are calling about.  Once you do so, you are transferred to the very same GoPhone IVR system. Smiley Wink  The only way to (somewhat) avoid an automated system of some type is to call 1-800-331-0500 and to then refuse to enter a phone number at the first menu prompt and subsequently repeatedly choose "More Options" and "Customer Service".  There is no "easier" way to reach a live rep than just simply using the GoPhone IVR to begin with (from your cell phone, if possible, and imho).

=^..^=
There must be a happy medium somewhere between being totally informed and blissfully unaware.

- Doug Larson

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

5 of 8 (2,596 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 24, 2011 6:55:40 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

hme83 wrote:

Wild Banchi wrote:

I remember having to go through the automated system when I called the 800 number earlier this year, but even if it is uniquely similar to to the GoPhone 611 system, I still find the 800 number easier. Smiley Tongue

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

hme83 wrote:

Wild Banchi wrote:

I remember having to go through the automated system when I called the 800 number earlier this year, but even if it is uniquely similar to to the GoPhone 611 system, I still find the 800 number easier. Smiley Tongue

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010

6 of 8 (2,591 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 26, 2011 7:53:09 PM
(0)
Teacher

Yes this works; although, the at&t customer service people sound like they are from india, and will not disable data on your phone, and also can sometimes not be the most efficent people around, (my last encounter took an hour) they will be able to do the job. good luck

Yes this works; although, the at&t customer service people sound like they are from india, and will not disable data on your phone, and also can sometimes not be the most efficent people around, (my last encounter took an hour) they will be able to do the job. good luck

7 of 8 (2,550 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 29, 2011 2:27:44 PM
(0)
Former Community Manager

sophiecall & youhw1113 - Did you get the help you needed? Please let us know!

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages. If you have an account related issue, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

sophiecall & youhw1113 - Did you get the help you needed? Please let us know!

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages. If you have an account related issue, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

8 of 8 (2,521 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments