Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Mar 18, 2009
9:50:18 PM
View profile
Help: Eliminating the standard ATT outgoing message from my custom message?

How would I eliminate the standard ATT message that is appended to the end of my custom outgoing message that says, "after the tone leave a message or press # for more options, if you would like to page this person..."

'

This standard message is so annoying and is completely useless for people who call me and wastes a ton of time for them waiting to get the tone.  Please help.  I just upgraded from an iPhone to a Bold and did not have that issue with the iPhone but have it with the Bold.

How would I eliminate the standard ATT message that is appended to the end of my custom outgoing message that says, "after the tone leave a message or press # for more options, if you would like to page this person..."

'

This standard message is so annoying and is completely useless for people who call me and wastes a ton of time for them waiting to get the tone.  Please help.  I just upgraded from an iPhone to a Bold and did not have that issue with the iPhone but have it with the Bold.

Help: Eliminating the standard ATT outgoing message from my custom message?

7 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(7)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 22, 2009 8:51:58 PM
(0)
Professor
Edited by Zombiehunter on Mar 22, 2009 at 8:53:00 PM

fq wrote:

'

Boy do I know how you feel...

OK, this information is from one of the Great Wizards of this forum. Re-record your voice mail message and say something to the effect, "press the # key to leave a message." Pressing the # key by the caller will send then straight into the vioce mail, rather than all the extra bla, bla, bla.

Message Edited by ghostryder on 03-22-2009 08:53:00 PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Zombie Hunter Mission Statement

Exterminate the living dead and keep our fellow citizens alive and safe. We will be connecting with our fellow businesses, the police department, funeral home, and weapon manufacturers to help map out, and exterminate the pesky living dead from our community.

~~~Seth Mendenhall

fq wrote:

'

Boy do I know how you feel...

OK, this information is from one of the Great Wizards of this forum. Re-record your voice mail message and say something to the effect, "press the # key to leave a message." Pressing the # key by the caller will send then straight into the vioce mail, rather than all the extra bla, bla, bla.

Message Edited by ghostryder on 03-22-2009 08:53:00 PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Zombie Hunter Mission Statement

Exterminate the living dead and keep our fellow citizens alive and safe. We will be connecting with our fellow businesses, the police department, funeral home, and weapon manufacturers to help map out, and exterminate the pesky living dead from our community.

~~~Seth Mendenhall

Re: Help: Eliminating the standard ATT outgoing message from my custom message?

[ Edited ]
2 of 8 (4,763 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 1, 2009 8:01:53 AM
(0)
Contributor

Really? Is this the only way to get rid of this woman's voice on voicemail??

She is on every voicemail and is completely useless.

This is incredibly frustrating!! 

3 of 8 (4,442 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 1, 2009 11:38:32 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Czstone wrote:

I have not seen any other way than interrupting the greeting before she gets a chance to speak Smiley Sad

Czstone wrote:

I have not seen any other way than interrupting the greeting before she gets a chance to speak Smiley Sad
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 8 (4,432 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 8, 2009 9:05:03 AM
(0)
Contributor

AT&T forbids customers from getting rid of THEIR automated message that follows all of our personal grettings.

This is out-and-out robbery by burning minutes that every AT&T customer pays for. To forbid customers from having this automated prompt removed is an outrageous corporate abuse of customers. AT&T needs to act like a responsible, honest and customer friendly corporate entity and just put an end to this disingenuous practice.

AT&T forbids customers from getting rid of THEIR automated message that follows all of our personal grettings.

This is out-and-out robbery by burning minutes that every AT&T customer pays for. To forbid customers from having this automated prompt removed is an outrageous corporate abuse of customers. AT&T needs to act like a responsible, honest and customer friendly corporate entity and just put an end to this disingenuous practice.

5 of 8 (4,129 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 8, 2009 9:46:40 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

poolskimmer wrote:

Could you please explain how this burns the minutes? It's frustrating to hear if you don't interrupt the greeting, but I don't see how it can tap into your minutes.

poolskimmer wrote:

Could you please explain how this burns the minutes? It's frustrating to hear if you don't interrupt the greeting, but I don't see how it can tap into your minutes.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

6 of 8 (4,125 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 8, 2009 1:02:15 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

Czstone wrote:

You could try "youmail". You forward unanswered calls to Youmail and there you can have custom anwer messages according to who is calling.

That would be the only way I know of to get rid of the "canned" message instructions.

This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.

Czstone wrote:

You could try "youmail". You forward unanswered calls to Youmail and there you can have custom anwer messages according to who is calling.

That would be the only way I know of to get rid of the "canned" message instructions.

This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.

7 of 8 (4,117 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 24, 2009 11:33:22 AM
(0)
Tutor

Options for AT&T Customers:

• Consider recording a personal greeting that lets your callers know they can press the pound key (#) to go directly to your voicemail and leave a message.
  • Customers who do not want their callers to hear a “callback number” option can go to the Voicemail Main Menu and under Personal Options, select Administrative Options and then Option 7 to turn off “cut through paging.”
  • Customer may use Rapid Prompts by setting it up in their voicemail using option 4 for “Personal Options”, option 2 for “Administrative Options”, option 3 for “Prompt Level”, then option 2 for “Rapid Prompts”
  • You can check voicemail from a wired phone without incurring minutes. Dial your cell phone number, when the greeting comes on, press the * key to interrupt the greeting, enter your password and listen to your messages. 

When calling an AT&T customer:

If you know the person you are calling is an AT&T wireless customer, you can press the pound key (#) to bypass the voicemail prompts. Once you have recorded your message, simply hang up and it will be delivered.

Options for AT&T Customers:

• Consider recording a personal greeting that lets your callers know they can press the pound key (#) to go directly to your voicemail and leave a message.
  • Customers who do not want their callers to hear a “callback number” option can go to the Voicemail Main Menu and under Personal Options, select Administrative Options and then Option 7 to turn off “cut through paging.”
  • Customer may use Rapid Prompts by setting it up in their voicemail using option 4 for “Personal Options”, option 2 for “Administrative Options”, option 3 for “Prompt Level”, then option 2 for “Rapid Prompts”
  • You can check voicemail from a wired phone without incurring minutes. Dial your cell phone number, when the greeting comes on, press the * key to interrupt the greeting, enter your password and listen to your messages. 

When calling an AT&T customer:

If you know the person you are calling is an AT&T wireless customer, you can press the pound key (#) to bypass the voicemail prompts. Once you have recorded your message, simply hang up and it will be delivered.

8 of 8 (3,390 Views)