Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Mar 12, 2008
11:26:02 AM
Hello There, Excaliber......!
You seem to be quite involved based on your many posts.  Have you an answer for this?  I live in an area where the slower 2G signal (-65) is slightly stronger than the 3G (-76).  My old card, with the old AT&T software, allowed me to toggle between automatic, 2G or 3G allowing me to prioritize the higher speed 3G.  My updated card (GT Ultra Express), with the new AT&T software, does not give that option so I am now stuck with the slower 2G.  I found out that pressing ctrl/shift/F9 brings up additional diagnostics tabs showing a 'command line'.  The AT&T 'experts' says that  AT_OPSYS=1 is the auto mode but were unable (or unwilling) to provide me a command for 3G priority.

Your thoughts please........ 
You seem to be quite involved based on your many posts.  Have you an answer for this?  I live in an area where the slower 2G signal (-65) is slightly stronger than the 3G (-76).  My old card, with the old AT&T software, allowed me to toggle between automatic, 2G or 3G allowing me to prioritize the higher speed 3G.  My updated card (GT Ultra Express), with the new AT&T software, does not give that option so I am now stuck with the slower 2G.  I found out that pressing ctrl/shift/F9 brings up additional diagnostics tabs showing a 'command line'.  The AT&T 'experts' says that  AT_OPSYS=1 is the auto mode but were unable (or unwilling) to provide me a command for 3G priority.

Hello There, Excaliber......!

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 12, 2008 11:57:56 AM
(0)
Former Moderator

California Condor wrote:

Try this, on your keyboard hit CTRL+Shift+G.  The will enable bearer selection (2G/3G switching).  There will be no prompt from the UI so you will know if it worked because when you go to Tools > Settings > GSM you will see a new option for Bearer Selection on the bottom.  I hope this helps...even though I'm not Excaliber. Smiley TongueSmiley Sad

California Condor wrote:

Try this, on your keyboard hit CTRL+Shift+G.  The will enable bearer selection (2G/3G switching).  There will be no prompt from the UI so you will know if it worked because when you go to Tools > Settings > GSM you will see a new option for Bearer Selection on the bottom.  I hope this helps...even though I'm not Excaliber. Smiley TongueSmiley Sad

Re: Hello There, Excaliber......!

2 of 4 (1,807 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 14, 2008 12:34:14 PM
(0)
Scholar
Interesting. That Bearer Selection option was always available in the Communication Manager 6.6, but I noticed it had done away in 6.7. Thanks for providing the solution to getting it back.
Interesting. That Bearer Selection option was always available in the Communication Manager 6.6, but I noticed it had done away in 6.7. Thanks for providing the solution to getting it back.

3 of 4 (1,759 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 14, 2008 1:27:29 PM
(0)
Professor
I see it with Communication Manager 6.7. Tools -> Settings. Select the GSM tab and look at the bottom.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.
I see it with Communication Manager 6.7. Tools -> Settings. Select the GSM tab and look at the bottom.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.

4 of 4 (1,749 Views)