Helpful Links

Hello There, Excaliber......!

Hello There, Excaliber......!

You seem to be quite involved based on your many posts.  Have you an answer for this?  I live in an area where the slower 2G signal (-65) is slightly stronger than the 3G (-76).  My old card, with the old AT&T software, allowed me to toggle between automatic, 2G or 3G allowing me to prioritize the higher speed 3G.  My updated card (GT Ultra Express), with the new AT&T software, does not give that option so I am now stuck with the slower 2G.  I found out that pressing ctrl/shift/F9 brings up additional diagnostics tabs showing a 'command line'.  The AT&T 'experts' says that  AT_OPSYS=1 is the auto mode but were unable (or unwilling) to provide me a command for 3G priority.

Your thoughts please........ 
Message 1 of 4
Former Moderator

Re: Hello There, Excaliber......!

California Condor wrote:
You seem to be quite involved based on your many posts.  Have you an answer for this?  I live in an area where the slower 2G signal (-65) is slightly stronger than the 3G (-76).  My old card, with the old AT&T software, allowed me to toggle between automatic, 2G or 3G allowing me to prioritize the higher speed 3G.  My updated card (GT Ultra Express), with the new AT&T software, does not give that option so I am now stuck with the slower 2G.  I found out that pressing ctrl/shift/F9 brings up additional diagnostics tabs showing a 'command line'.  The AT&T 'experts' says that  AT_OPSYS=1 is the auto mode but were unable (or unwilling) to provide me a command for 3G priority.

Your thoughts please........ 

Try this, on your keyboard hit CTRL+Shift+G.  The will enable bearer selection (2G/3G switching).  There will be no prompt from the UI so you will know if it worked because when you go to Tools > Settings > GSM you will see a new option for Bearer Selection on the bottom.  I hope this helps...even though I'm not Excaliber. Smiley TongueSmiley Sad
Message 2 of 4
Scholar

Interesting. That Bearer Selection option was always available in the Communication Manager 6.6, but I noticed it had done away in 6.7. Thanks for providing the solution to getting it back.
Message 3 of 4
Highlighted
Professor

I see it with Communication Manager 6.7. Tools -> Settings. Select the GSM tab and look at the bottom.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.
Message 4 of 4
Share this topic
Announcements

Is the iPhone X worth it? Find out why it totally is!

Find out how to track your iPhone's delivery!

Let us help you Give the Gift of AT&T Wireless this holiday season!

Additional Support