Helpful Links

Hello There, Excaliber......!

Hello There, Excaliber......!

You seem to be quite involved based on your many posts.  Have you an answer for this?  I live in an area where the slower 2G signal (-65) is slightly stronger than the 3G (-76).  My old card, with the old AT&T software, allowed me to toggle between automatic, 2G or 3G allowing me to prioritize the higher speed 3G.  My updated card (GT Ultra Express), with the new AT&T software, does not give that option so I am now stuck with the slower 2G.  I found out that pressing ctrl/shift/F9 brings up additional diagnostics tabs showing a 'command line'.  The AT&T 'experts' says that  AT_OPSYS=1 is the auto mode but were unable (or unwilling) to provide me a command for 3G priority.

Your thoughts please........ 
Message 1 of 4
Former Moderator

Re: Hello There, Excaliber......!

California Condor wrote:
You seem to be quite involved based on your many posts.  Have you an answer for this?  I live in an area where the slower 2G signal (-65) is slightly stronger than the 3G (-76).  My old card, with the old AT&T software, allowed me to toggle between automatic, 2G or 3G allowing me to prioritize the higher speed 3G.  My updated card (GT Ultra Express), with the new AT&T software, does not give that option so I am now stuck with the slower 2G.  I found out that pressing ctrl/shift/F9 brings up additional diagnostics tabs showing a 'command line'.  The AT&T 'experts' says that  AT_OPSYS=1 is the auto mode but were unable (or unwilling) to provide me a command for 3G priority.

Your thoughts please........ 

Try this, on your keyboard hit CTRL+Shift+G.  The will enable bearer selection (2G/3G switching).  There will be no prompt from the UI so you will know if it worked because when you go to Tools > Settings > GSM you will see a new option for Bearer Selection on the bottom.  I hope this helps...even though I'm not Excaliber. Smiley TongueSmiley Sad
Message 2 of 4
Scholar

Interesting. That Bearer Selection option was always available in the Communication Manager 6.6, but I noticed it had done away in 6.7. Thanks for providing the solution to getting it back.
Message 3 of 4
Highlighted
Professor

I see it with Communication Manager 6.7. Tools -> Settings. Select the GSM tab and look at the bottom.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.
Message 4 of 4
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support