Wireless Forums

Posted Jan 9, 2011
9:22:03 AM
View profile
Having trouble sending MMS on my iPhone 3G

I haven't had any trouble for over a year, but now when I try to MMS out, it sometimes doesn't reach the person I'm sending to. My software is up-to-date and I have unlimited data plan... How do I fix this? I just turned "data roaming" on and it works, but is that even related?

I haven't had any trouble for over a year, but now when I try to MMS out, it sometimes doesn't reach the person I'm sending to. My software is up-to-date and I have unlimited data plan... How do I fix this? I just turned "data roaming" on and it works, but is that even related?

Having trouble sending MMS on my iPhone 3G

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Cancel
Submit
Replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 9, 2011 1:58:02 PM
(0)
Mentor

pznkarots wrote:

I believe that MMS goes out on the cellular system (not Internet, from your data plan), so make sure your 3G/Cellular is turned on.  You probably already know this.  But most likely, your MMS is too large, esp if you're sending out photos.  Try keeping your MMS below 300 kb, or so, if possible.

This may not be your problem, but it's something to consider.

pznkarots wrote:

I believe that MMS goes out on the cellular system (not Internet, from your data plan), so make sure your 3G/Cellular is turned on.  You probably already know this.  But most likely, your MMS is too large, esp if you're sending out photos.  Try keeping your MMS below 300 kb, or so, if possible.

This may not be your problem, but it's something to consider.

Re: Having trouble sending MMS on my iPhone 3G

2 of 3 (997 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 9, 2011 7:46:47 PM
(0)
Teacher

I have had an iPhone 4 for nearly two weeks now and still can't send MMS messages.  I was told it was an iPhone gltich that they are working on but I know some people have been having this problem since before Christmas.  I've gone through two bouts with tech support on the phone and none of their suggestions fixed it.  It's getting really frustrating.

I have had an iPhone 4 for nearly two weeks now and still can't send MMS messages.  I was told it was an iPhone gltich that they are working on but I know some people have been having this problem since before Christmas.  I've gone through two bouts with tech support on the phone and none of their suggestions fixed it.  It's getting really frustrating.

Re: Having trouble sending MMS on my iPhone 3G

3 of 3 (974 Views)