Having trouble playing music from storage card on HTC Pure

Contributor

Having trouble playing music from storage card on HTC Pure

I downloaded a Mp3 that came as as email attachment. It saved to my card. When I follow the steps in the guide to play/add it in my Library It does not offer  the option to look at the stoarge card.  On library page when I click on library arrow all i get is All library or my device. Neither one will let me find the music on my card. I cannot find anything in the books to show me the steps. maybe I am reading them wrong. I don't wont to start adding music if i can't figure how to save it in the right spot. Would appreciate  a "For Dummies" version.
Message 1 of 4 (1,256 Views)
Employee

Re: Having trouble playing music from storage card on HTC Pure

If you are using the HTC Music Player, there isnt an option to access the Storage Card from there.
If you go to Start>AT&T Music>Windows Media and select Menu>Open File, you can access the Storage card from there.

Another option is to use File Explorer and copy the files from your SD Card to the Music folder.

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions”, you can even mark multiple
in a single thread.  This will help other users find this information too!!

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 4 (1,203 Views)
Master

Faxman wrote:
I downloaded a Mp3 that came as as email attachment. It saved to my card. When I follow the steps in the guide to play/add it in my Library It does not offer  the option to look at the stoarge card.  On library page when I click on library arrow all i get is All library or my device. Neither one will let me find the music on my card. I cannot find anything in the books to show me the steps. maybe I am reading them wrong. I don't wont to start adding music if i can't figure how to save it in the right spot. Would appreciate  a "For Dummies" version.

Are you sure your SD card is working correctly? In my WMP, the Library arrow bring me to 'All Library', 'My Device' and 'Storage Card'.
Message 3 of 4 (1,194 Views)
Highlighted
Professor

Tbones wrote:

If you are using the HTC Music Player, there isnt an option to access the Storage Card from there.

On the HTC TouchFlo music player, it reads music from the MicroSD card no problem on my Tilt2 (which should be the same for the Pure). It read the songs automatically without any prompting.  A little too thorough, in fact.  It even read some sound files from a game installed to the storage card, and lists them in the song library.

Message 4 of 4 (1,174 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.