Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Nov 22, 2010
7:24:58 PM
Have Iph4, want Ipad?

I have an Iphone 4, and want an Ipad at Christmas. Can I sync my information for the Iphone and the Ipad on the same PC?

I have an Iphone 4, and want an Ipad at Christmas. Can I sync my information for the Iphone and the Ipad on the same PC?

Have Iph4, want Ipad?

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 23, 2010 3:51:19 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

rgerstner wrote:

Yes. Not only can you sync them both on the same PC, you can set them up in Itunes so that each device's sync is unique to that device. In other words you can have different apps, music, video, etc on each.

rgerstner wrote:

Yes. Not only can you sync them both on the same PC, you can set them up in Itunes so that each device's sync is unique to that device. In other words you can have different apps, music, video, etc on each.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Have Iph4, want Ipad?

2 of 3 (604 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 24, 2010 9:55:20 AM
(0)
Professor
Edited by josephz2va on Nov 24, 2010 at 9:59:27 AM

A single PC login can handle up to 5 devices on the same user account, including both your iPhone 4 and iPad. You can use any combination of 5 devices per You@me.com apple ID. If you have 2 email accounts such as You@me.com and You@gmail.com you can have 10 devices purchasing off the 2 IDs, not that many have 10 devices.

If you lose or replace devices and run out of authorizations, simply do Store/Deauthorize Account to disable purchases from all your devices, then reauthorize the account per device plugin. If you have purchases from 2 or more accounts being synced to a device however, you need to authorize both. Otherwise it won't sync a particular app or music/video purchase without authorizing a device.

A single PC login can handle up to 5 devices on the same user account, including both your iPhone 4 and iPad. You can use any combination of 5 devices per You@me.com apple ID. If you have 2 email accounts such as You@me.com and You@gmail.com you can have 10 devices purchasing off the 2 IDs, not that many have 10 devices.

If you lose or replace devices and run out of authorizations, simply do Store/Deauthorize Account to disable purchases from all your devices, then reauthorize the account per device plugin. If you have purchases from 2 or more accounts being synced to a device however, you need to authorize both. Otherwise it won't sync a particular app or music/video purchase without authorizing a device.

Re: Have Iph4, want Ipad?

[ Edited ]
3 of 3 (547 Views)