Has anyone tried to cancel with AT&T, but they refuse to cancel your account.

Contributor

Has anyone tried to cancel with AT&T, but they refuse to cancel your account.

I canceled my account in July of this year, and they continue sending me bills.  The bills are higher and higher as if I am still using the phones.
The bill has gone from $328 in July to over $1000 now...does anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks,

Message 1 of 3 (497 Views)
ACE - Expert

Re: Has anyone tried to cancel with AT&T, but they refuse to cancel your account.

The bill will state exactly what the charges are for. Are they for termination fees? Did you pay the final bill? Are they adding late charges? Without seeing the bill, no one here can help, and this is a customer helping customer forum.
Call customer service and see what can be done.
This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 3 (490 Views)
Highlighted
Former Community Manager

Re: Has anyone tried to cancel with AT&T, but they refuse to cancel your account.

1souci wrote:

I canceled my account in July of this year, and they continue sending me bills.  The bills are higher and higher as if I am still using the phones.
The bill has gone from $328 in July to over $1000 now...does anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks,

It sounds like they might be from cancellation fees and existing balances compounded by late fees. Would you please send me a private message with your name, account number, phone number and the best time to contact you? I'll ask a member of our team to contact you to review your account and billing with you. 

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 3 (443 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.