Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Sep 27, 2011
9:23:18 AM
Has anyone recieved the Mango update for their Windows Phone today?

Also, has anyone with a dev unlocked phone, running Mango beta, recieved the update?

Also, has anyone with a dev unlocked phone, running Mango beta, recieved the update?

Has anyone recieved the Mango update for their Windows Phone today?

6 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(6)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 27, 2011 10:57:02 AM
(0)
Tutor

Yup, just got it, along with a firmware update from Samsung.  Installed fine and seems to be working fine.

Yup, just got it, along with a firmware update from Samsung.  Installed fine and seems to be working fine.

Re: Has anyone recieved the Mango update for their Windows Phone today?

2 of 7 (917 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 27, 2011 11:20:04 AM
(0)
Mentor
Nice..i didn't receieve any...hopefully they are doing it as batches
Nice..i didn't receieve any...hopefully they are doing it as batches

3 of 7 (898 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 27, 2011 11:49:52 AM
(0)
Teacher

woodway wrote:

What OS version number is your phone running now?

woodway wrote:

What OS version number is your phone running now?

4 of 7 (877 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 28, 2011 2:53:55 PM
(0)
Teacher

I got the update early..went to windows phone metro and they showed a way to push the update....very simple and no issues...its done through you Zune Desktop and does not required you to mess with you phone at all.....

I got the update early..went to windows phone metro and they showed a way to push the update....very simple and no issues...its done through you Zune Desktop and does not required you to mess with you phone at all.....

5 of 7 (709 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 28, 2011 4:30:37 PM
(0)
Tutor

OS Version:  7.10.7720.68

Firmware revision number:  2103.11.8.1

Radio software version:  2103.11.8.1

Bootloader version:  5.8.0.2

OS Version:  7.10.7720.68

Firmware revision number:  2103.11.8.1

Radio software version:  2103.11.8.1

Bootloader version:  5.8.0.2

6 of 7 (697 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 30, 2011 8:58:24 PM
(0)
Teacher

I pushed the upgrade to 7.5 by going to the Windows Phone Metro site.  It has detailed instructions & they do work.  I was tired of waiting till my "turn" came with AT&T.  If you don't first succeed, try try again.  It takes a little finesse to time it right.  Once you get the 1st update, unplug, turn off & then re-boot your phone.  You may have to do it for the 2nd update, but some phones may go ahead into the 7.5 update without prompting.  Be careful, the "push" isn't endorsed by AT&T or MS.

I pushed the upgrade to 7.5 by going to the Windows Phone Metro site.  It has detailed instructions & they do work.  I was tired of waiting till my "turn" came with AT&T.  If you don't first succeed, try try again.  It takes a little finesse to time it right.  Once you get the 1st update, unplug, turn off & then re-boot your phone.  You may have to do it for the 2nd update, but some phones may go ahead into the 7.5 update without prompting.  Be careful, the "push" isn't endorsed by AT&T or MS.

7 of 7 (618 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments