Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jun 12, 2011
6:57:07 PM
View profile
Harassing text and phonecalls

Hello Currently I have  problems on 2 lines.. On my primary line I'm getting harassing text messages from a user using textfree. They keep on texiing me vulgar language to me.. Is there a way to block that number. Even I don't reply it keeps on going . I don't want a new number on that line just block that number. 

And on an other line

I keep on getting calls people wanting to subscribe to cable. I found out that number is the same as the one on TV for a cable company the only difference is area code mine is 562 and the one on TV is 1 800  .. I would like a new number but hope there is no fee

Thanks

Hello Currently I have  problems on 2 lines.. On my primary line I'm getting harassing text messages from a user using textfree. They keep on texiing me vulgar language to me.. Is there a way to block that number. Even I don't reply it keeps on going . I don't want a new number on that line just block that number. 

And on an other line

I keep on getting calls people wanting to subscribe to cable. I found out that number is the same as the one on TV for a cable company the only difference is area code mine is 562 and the one on TV is 1 800  .. I would like a new number but hope there is no fee

Thanks

Harassing text and phonecalls

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 12, 2011 7:37:21 PM
(0)
Employee
What kind of phone do u hav on primary line? Some phones hav a built in block feature. You can also add ATT smart limits which will allow you to, among other things, block a specific number.

If u call cust service and explain situation on other line, I am sure they will waive the fee
What kind of phone do u hav on primary line? Some phones hav a built in block feature. You can also add ATT smart limits which will allow you to, among other things, block a specific number.

If u call cust service and explain situation on other line, I am sure they will waive the fee
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Harassing text and phonecalls

2 of 6 (275 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 12, 2011 11:33:50 PM
(0)
Contributor

primary i got an iphone.. seems this person is using textfree.  

primary i got an iphone.. seems this person is using textfree.  

3 of 6 (264 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 12, 2011 11:48:20 PM
(0)
Employee
Not familiar w "textfree"

IPhone does not hav built in block feature..so u would need to add smart-limits
Not familiar w "textfree"

IPhone does not hav built in block feature..so u would need to add smart-limits
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

4 of 6 (262 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 13, 2011 4:02:37 AM
(0)
Expert

there is this service also - free

http://mymessages.wireless.att.com/

Allows you to block texts and email to texts number / addresses - free

5 of 6 (256 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 13, 2011 4:44:34 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

wingrider01 wrote:

Unless they've changed something recently, I don't believe you can block SMS from mobile numbers using the messaging preferences.  You can enter domains that you would like to block receiving E-mail to SMS from. 

If your phone doesn't have the built-in functionality, AFAIK the only at&t provided way to block SMS from specific phone numbers is via their "Smart Limits for Wireless" - $5/month.

=^..^=
There must be a happy medium somewhere between being totally informed and blissfully unaware.

- Doug Larson

wingrider01 wrote:

Unless they've changed something recently, I don't believe you can block SMS from mobile numbers using the messaging preferences.  You can enter domains that you would like to block receiving E-mail to SMS from. 

If your phone doesn't have the built-in functionality, AFAIK the only at&t provided way to block SMS from specific phone numbers is via their "Smart Limits for Wireless" - $5/month.

=^..^=
There must be a happy medium somewhere between being totally informed and blissfully unaware.

- Doug Larson

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

6 of 6 (251 Views)