Harassing text and phonecalls

Contributor

Harassing text and phonecalls

Hello Currently I have  problems on 2 lines.. On my primary line I'm getting harassing text messages from a user using textfree. They keep on texiing me vulgar language to me.. Is there a way to block that number. Even I don't reply it keeps on going . I don't want a new number on that line just block that number. 

And on an other line

I keep on getting calls people wanting to subscribe to cable. I found out that number is the same as the one on TV for a cable company the only difference is area code mine is 562 and the one on TV is 1 800  .. I would like a new number but hope there is no fee

Thanks

Message 1 of 6
Employee

Re: Harassing text and phonecalls

What kind of phone do u hav on primary line? Some phones hav a built in block feature. You can also add ATT smart limits which will allow you to, among other things, block a specific number.

If u call cust service and explain situation on other line, I am sure they will waive the fee
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 6
Contributor

primary i got an iphone.. seems this person is using textfree.  

Message 3 of 6
Employee

Not familiar w "textfree"

IPhone does not hav built in block feature..so u would need to add smart-limits
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 4 of 6
Expert

there is this service also - free

http://mymessages.wireless.att.com/

Allows you to block texts and email to texts number / addresses - free

Message 5 of 6
Highlighted
Master

wingrider01 wrote:

there is this service also - free

http://mymessages.wireless.att.com/

Allows you to block texts and email to texts number / addresses - free

Unless they've changed something recently, I don't believe you can block SMS from mobile numbers using the messaging preferences.  You can enter domains that you would like to block receiving E-mail to SMS from. 

If your phone doesn't have the built-in functionality, AFAIK the only at&t provided way to block SMS from specific phone numbers is via their "Smart Limits for Wireless" - $5/month.

=^..^=
There must be a happy medium somewhere between being totally informed and blissfully unaware.

- Doug Larson

Message 6 of 6
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support