Happy now?

Mentor

Happy now?

All you looneys can get the iphone if you were up in july,aug,sept Smiley Tongue

I was really hoping for an easy experience on friday what a bummer! 

http://www.att.com/gen/press-room?pid=13745

Message 1 of 15 (1,792 Views)
Scholar

Re: Happy now?

mesrep wrote:

All you looneys can get the iphone if you were up in july,aug,sept Smiley Tongue

Oh great... here comes the complaining from the people eligible in October, November, and December...
Message 2 of 15 (1,763 Views)

I am not elgibile until 10/1/09...but I really don't care, not getting one until next year or when the Next iPhone comes out, at which at that time, i will be elgibile
Message 3 of 15 (1,735 Views)
CMB
Teacher

and January Smiley Tongue

Ill wait til summer to upgrade...3gs isnt fully supported yet, heck 3.0 wont support MMS or tethering imediately...

Message 4 of 15 (1,716 Views)
Scholar

moorepheus wrote:
I am not elgibile until 10/1/09...but I really don't care, not getting one until next year or when the Next iPhone comes out, at which at that time, i will be elgibile

I'm not eligible til next June, and I'm good with that as well, but you know those overly entitled "loyal" customers will have something to say about it...
Message 5 of 15 (1,709 Views)
Professor

kgipp wrote:

mesrep wrote:

Oh great... here comes the complaining from the people eligible in October, November, and December...
lmao thanks I sprayed my keyboard! But it's true!!

Message 6 of 15 (1,690 Views)
Scholar

Sorry, but I don't think they should do this.  If you're not eligible, you're not eligible.  I can certainly see how this could be worse of a PR nightmare than not offering the upgrade.  

If they are doing it for some, they should do it for all or not at all! Smiley Happy 

I am eligible now, so my opinion has nothing to do with my own account. 

Message 7 of 15 (1,678 Views)
Voyager

[ Edited ]
I agree I think if they decided to let customers eligible in july,aug,sept then they should let the customers that are eligible towards the end of the year get the new customer upgrade price.
Message Edited by captkirk69 on 06-17-2009 11:04:03 AM
Message 8 of 15 (1,610 Views)
Scholar

NO GOOD DEED GOES UNPUNISHED

Message 9 of 15 (1,588 Views)
Mentor

hmmm... Keep a large portion of the iphone buyers out from pre-ordering wait till pre orders are sold out cause a nice big line for the stores. Perfect for the camera kill two birds with one stone. 

but yea, big mistake because guess what? Next year I'm going to want to do this and it may not be for another iphone but I darn well better get the chance to upgrade.  It bothers me a bit that a reletively small group of complainers (small only by the amount of customers they actually have) started this and AT&T backed down.  Next thing you know David Letterman is going to get fired.

When is American going to learn that we can't have our way 100% of the time? 

Message 10 of 15 (1,584 Views)

They should also allow ALL customers that are eligible in July/Aug/Sept to upgrade. My fiance has a Tilt, and is eligbile in Sept. Since he doesn't have an iPhone 3G he can't take advantage of this.

But he said it'll just be worth the wait :-)

Message 11 of 15 (999 Views)
Mentor

Are you 100% sure your fiance's Tilt won't be eligible?  My Tilt contract is up in September, and I fully expect to see the reduced pricing when I log in tomorrow.  I pre-ordered the 32-Gb 3GS earlier this week at Apple.com for the $499 price.  I fully expect to get the $200 credit from Apple, I just don't know what form it will take; credit to the Apple store, refund on my credit card, or credit to my AT&T bill.
Message 12 of 15 (986 Views)
Teacher

Ok let's just pretend I bought my iPhone 3G 16GB at 10:25 PST on July 11th, 2008. I am elligible for an upgrade on 3/11/10.

How do you get an earlier upgrade time? I bought it the day it was released after waiting in line overnight.  

Message 13 of 15 (961 Views)

Sc0rp10n wrote:
Are you 100% sure your fiance's Tilt won't be eligible?  My Tilt contract is up in September, and I fully expect to see the reduced pricing when I log in tomorrow.  I pre-ordered the 32-Gb 3GS earlier this week at Apple.com for the $499 price.  I fully expect to get the $200 credit from Apple, I just don't know what form it will take; credit to the Apple store, refund on my credit card, or credit to my AT&T bill.

No, I'm not 100% sure, as this announcement was just made. Both of us are at work, and it's not tomorrow, so he can't see the newest update day.
Message 14 of 15 (943 Views)
Highlighted
Expert

CMB wrote:

and January Smiley Tongue

Ill wait til summer to upgrade...3gs isnt fully supported yet, heck 3.0 wont support MMS or tethering imediately...

The software and hardware support tethering and mms already, it is the carriers that is not enabling those 2 features tilllater this summer.

Message 15 of 15 (861 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.