Had to cancel order - What a Mess!

Highlighted
Mentor

Had to cancel order - What a Mess!

Tried to pre-order a phone on Saturday.  Called a representative and placed the order to ensure my data & text plans were grandfathered in since the website seemed unclear about that.  I received no confirmation emails and no webstatus change for days.  I called each day to see if anything was going on, and each rep assured me that all was well and to just be patient.  Finally last night a rep figured out what was wrong and re-entered my payment information and billing zip code, and I got the Terms and Conditions emails and I thought I was finally on my way although I wasn't happy that the phone shipment would be delayed through no fault of my own.

This morning was the final straw.  I saw on my confirmation email that they were sending the wrong color phone.  I called and they couldn't change it even though the order only went through last night and I seriously doubt that they had shipped it.  They said I would have to send the phone back to exchange it.

I almost thought I would just live with the wrong color phone, and then I decided to call back to just cancel the order.  The guy asked me if I wanted to re-order and I said no as I wanted to make sure that the original order had been canceled.  For some reason, I am thinking if I dared order again, I will end up with 2 phones.

I've spent countless hours on the phone with AT&T this week for what should have been a fast and fairly simple transaction.  The sales folks have been nice, but I think I may have to just stay with my old iPhone I have for a few months or perhaps just change carriers entirely. 

Hope the rest of you enjoy your new iPhone!  I am jealous!

Message 1 of 1
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support