Had MicroCell 2 Years Now, my thoughts?

Highlighted
Mentor

Had MicroCell 2 Years Now, my thoughts?

It has served me well, but don't ever count on sending MMS via the MC, most messages will fail due to the 50k bandwidth cap on these devices; phone calls and standard txt messaging are not affected.

I am disappointed and embarrassed for at&t for having such a restriction in place.  Something like this could make or break the companies reputation but yet they fail to realize that or simply don't care.

Lately, I have been having issues with my iPhone 4/4s and Samsung Galaxy SII connecting to the MicroCell automatically.  Putting the phones in airplane mode and taking them back out of the mode usually fixes the problem.

Message 1 of 3 (892 Views)
ACE - Master

Re: Had MicroCell 2 Years Now, my thoughts?

We don't have any issues with texting via our MicroCell so like any other issues with the MicroCell, nothing is consistent.

MicroCell Technical Guide by Otto Pylot

I am not an AT&T employee. For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 3 (885 Views)
Contributor

Re: Had MicroCell 2 Years Now, my thoughts?

my new microcell refuses to send ANY text messages. I have full 5 bars with it and I'll have to resend the message more than 5 times before it will go through. Just ordinary messages, not MMS. Also MMS will say its been sent but no one ever gets them. I'm furious with this stupid company right now. They have no fixes for anything!

Message 3 of 3 (811 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.