Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Apr 27, 2010
4:01:50 PM
View profile
HTC slider in FCC...

http://www.androidcentral.com/htc-android-slider-makes-it-through-fcc-att-bands

What do yall think? Somehow I think it's gonna be low end, but at least we've got something coming...

http://www.androidcentral.com/htc-android-slider-makes-it-through-fcc-att-bands

What do yall think? Somehow I think it's gonna be low end, but at least we've got something coming...

HTC slider in FCC...

20 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(20)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 27, 2010 4:07:59 PM
(0)
Scholar

Looks kind of small and low end.  If it has the specs of the Tilt 2 (size wise), it would be a winner.

Looks kind of small and low end.  If it has the specs of the Tilt 2 (size wise), it would be a winner.

Re: HTC slider in FCC...

2 of 21 (1,684 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 27, 2010 6:28:53 PM
(0)
Scholar

UHmump95 wrote:

I doubt it will be low end just starting with FCC testing. Everything new from HTC has a 1ghz processer.

UHmump95 wrote:

I doubt it will be low end just starting with FCC testing. Everything new from HTC has a 1ghz processer.

3 of 21 (1,650 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 27, 2010 9:03:19 PM
(0)
Teacher

How long does it typically take to get from the FCC to the shelves?

How long does it typically take to get from the FCC to the shelves?

4 of 21 (1,626 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 27, 2010 10:10:52 PM
(0)
Scholar

With AT&T much too long.

With AT&T much too long.

5 of 21 (1,613 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 28, 2010 12:49:53 AM
(0)
Scholar

I'd bet on October - November ...

6 of 21 (1,597 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 28, 2010 7:52:41 AM
(0)
Scholar

slimslim wrote:

OF 2012

slimslim wrote:

OF 2012

7 of 21 (1,557 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 28, 2010 7:58:24 AM
(0)
Guru

cypherphone wrote:

slimslim wrote:

OF 2012

Aren't you the optimist!

cypherphone wrote:

slimslim wrote:

OF 2012

Aren't you the optimist!

8 of 21 (1,555 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 28, 2010 12:12:46 PM
(0)
Scholar

I just know the other devices rumored and so forth that were in the FCC with ATT bands STILL arent here yet...

eventually we might get something, but with ATT im not holding my breath.

I just know the other devices rumored and so forth that were in the FCC with ATT bands STILL arent here yet...

eventually we might get something, but with ATT im not holding my breath.

9 of 21 (1,504 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 28, 2010 3:11:39 PM
(0)
Mentor

Hang in there. I'm almost 100% certain the Galaxy S will be here in a month. People are still saying the Desire will also be coming to AT&T. I'm trying not to eject my broken iPhone out of the atmosphere. We'll see some news soon, I hope.

Hang in there. I'm almost 100% certain the Galaxy S will be here in a month. People are still saying the Desire will also be coming to AT&T. I'm trying not to eject my broken iPhone out of the atmosphere. We'll see some news soon, I hope.

10 of 21 (1,469 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 28, 2010 3:29:21 PM
(0)
Scholar

jonhcox wrote:

Problem is that I cannot be sure how well Samsung will support the phone.

jonhcox wrote:

Problem is that I cannot be sure how well Samsung will support the phone.

11 of 21 (1,325 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 28, 2010 5:25:33 PM
(0)
Scholar

Problem with the Samsug is I am not as confident of the community to produce a replacement rom like they did for HTC Desire , Nexus One and others. So I would be more hesitant on buying one from AT&T with the AT&T restrictions and addons.

Problem with the Samsug is I am not as confident of the community to produce a replacement rom like they did for HTC Desire , Nexus One and others. So I would be more hesitant on buying one from AT&T with the AT&T restrictions and addons.

12 of 21 (1,313 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 28, 2010 5:29:50 PM
(0)
Professor

VydorScope wrote:

That is a good point and something to keep in mind. The devs don't have a big interest with Samsung.

VydorScope wrote:

That is a good point and something to keep in mind. The devs don't have a big interest with Samsung.

13 of 21 (1,310 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 28, 2010 8:32:34 PM
(0)
Teacher

The only thing about the Galaxy S that really bugs me is how closely the UI resembles an iPhone. I cannot get past that. I'm sure it's changeable since it's Android and all, but on all the pictures I've seen it just has the simple, stupid iPhone layout. The hardware's amazing, but I'd much rather take the N1 (which will get A2.2 soon) or an HTC device since I trust in Sense, and I'm not sure about Samsung's software.

The only thing about the Galaxy S that really bugs me is how closely the UI resembles an iPhone. I cannot get past that. I'm sure it's changeable since it's Android and all, but on all the pictures I've seen it just has the simple, stupid iPhone layout. The hardware's amazing, but I'd much rather take the N1 (which will get A2.2 soon) or an HTC device since I trust in Sense, and I'm not sure about Samsung's software.

14 of 21 (1,286 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 29, 2010 6:25:03 AM
(0)
Scholar

TrevorTX wrote:

If its anything like their touch wiz junk on the other phones i wouldnt want it... i hate their interfaces.

I dont see this phone making it to att before June though, its to new and we all know how ATT gets phones a good 6 months after their release elsewhere.

TrevorTX wrote:

If its anything like their touch wiz junk on the other phones i wouldnt want it... i hate their interfaces.

I dont see this phone making it to att before June though, its to new and we all know how ATT gets phones a good 6 months after their release elsewhere.

15 of 21 (1,251 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 29, 2010 7:50:26 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

Just doing a quick search, it looks like the last couple ATT HTC phones hit the FCC in June/July time frame for the usual October release.  So maybe this one will release a couple months earlier.

Just doing a quick search, it looks like the last couple ATT HTC phones hit the FCC in June/July time frame for the usual October release.  So maybe this one will release a couple months earlier.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

16 of 21 (1,235 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 29, 2010 11:44:46 AM
(0)
Scholar

redpoint73 wrote:

Yea, i guess ATT considers ANNOUNCING a phone to be its release, thats the ONLY way the can meet their june 30 deadline.  They will not have all 5 out to the public by the date they set.  If it wasnt for not having any other decent provider in my area, i would be gone.

redpoint73 wrote:

Yea, i guess ATT considers ANNOUNCING a phone to be its release, thats the ONLY way the can meet their june 30 deadline.  They will not have all 5 out to the public by the date they set.  If it wasnt for not having any other decent provider in my area, i would be gone.

17 of 21 (1,199 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 29, 2010 1:45:52 PM
(0)
Scholar

cypherphone wrote:

redpoint73 wrote:

It sounds as if they are going to try and make the claim they lauched the 5 phones by announcing them. Which they could make that claim by the end of June. But sorry I am not one that calls that a launch. And I donot even think they will make the announcement of 5 phones on android by June 30.

cypherphone wrote:

redpoint73 wrote:

It sounds as if they are going to try and make the claim they lauched the 5 phones by announcing them. Which they could make that claim by the end of June. But sorry I am not one that calls that a launch. And I donot even think they will make the announcement of 5 phones on android by June 30.

18 of 21 (1,180 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 29, 2010 3:02:57 PM
(0)
Scholar

Honestly I would not be surprised to see them released just after IPhone 4 hits. I suspect the "competive" reasons they keep refering to are to prevent them from competing with the new iPhone.

Honestly I would not be surprised to see them released just after IPhone 4 hits. I suspect the "competive" reasons they keep refering to are to prevent them from competing with the new iPhone.

19 of 21 (1,160 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 1, 2010 6:36:16 PM
(0)
Scholar

TrevorTX wrote:

I have seen pictures.  I has a home screen and a daily feed screen that are different from the iphone.  The screens that have the apps on it definitely have the iphone feel.   The UI does not look as slick as HTC's new Sense UI, which I played with today at a Verizon store on the Droid Incredible.  I have to say I am very impressed.  If I was out of contract I would be a Verizon customer right now.

TrevorTX wrote:

I have seen pictures.  I has a home screen and a daily feed screen that are different from the iphone.  The screens that have the apps on it definitely have the iphone feel.   The UI does not look as slick as HTC's new Sense UI, which I played with today at a Verizon store on the Droid Incredible.  I have to say I am very impressed.  If I was out of contract I would be a Verizon customer right now.

20 of 21 (1,057 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 1, 2010 8:41:24 PM
(0)
Teacher
Edited by mod.moose on May 2, 2010 at 12:10:51 AM

I have an upgrade, but right now I'm on a family plan and I'm not paying for it, so I can't really switch to the big V. So I'm hoping AT&T will come out with something. It doesn't look like they're {word filter evasion} the Dell Aero too badly. I dunno about bloatware, but they're leaving everything Google on it. Search is even Google instead of Yahoo like on the Backflip. So it seems they're listening at least a little bit.

I have an upgrade, but right now I'm on a family plan and I'm not paying for it, so I can't really switch to the big V. So I'm hoping AT&T will come out with something. It doesn't look like they're {word filter evasion} the Dell Aero too badly. I dunno about bloatware, but they're leaving everything Google on it. Search is even Google instead of Yahoo like on the Backflip. So it seems they're listening at least a little bit.

[ Edited ]
21 of 21 (553 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments