HTC slider in FCC...

Teacher

HTC slider in FCC...

http://www.androidcentral.com/htc-android-slider-makes-it-through-fcc-att-bands

What do yall think? Somehow I think it's gonna be low end, but at least we've got something coming...

Message 1 of 21
Scholar

Re: HTC slider in FCC...

Looks kind of small and low end.  If it has the specs of the Tilt 2 (size wise), it would be a winner.

Message 2 of 21
Scholar

UHmump95 wrote:

Looks kind of small and low end.  If it has the specs of the Tilt 2 (size wise), it would be a winner.

I doubt it will be low end just starting with FCC testing. Everything new from HTC has a 1ghz processer.

Message 3 of 21
Teacher

How long does it typically take to get from the FCC to the shelves?

Message 4 of 21
Scholar

With AT&T much too long.

Message 5 of 21
Scholar

I'd bet on October - November ...

Message 6 of 21
Scholar

slimslim wrote:

OF 2012

Message 7 of 21
Guru

cypherphone wrote:

slimslim wrote:

OF 2012

Aren't you the optimist!

Message 8 of 21
Scholar

I just know the other devices rumored and so forth that were in the FCC with ATT bands STILL arent here yet...

eventually we might get something, but with ATT im not holding my breath.

Message 9 of 21
Mentor

Hang in there. I'm almost 100% certain the Galaxy S will be here in a month. People are still saying the Desire will also be coming to AT&T. I'm trying not to eject my broken iPhone out of the atmosphere. We'll see some news soon, I hope.

Message 10 of 21
Scholar

jonhcox wrote:

Hang in there. I'm almost 100% certain the Galaxy S will be here in a month. People are still saying the Desire will also be coming to AT&T. I'm trying not to eject my broken iPhone out of the atmosphere. We'll see some news soon, I hope.

Problem is that I cannot be sure how well Samsung will support the phone.

Message 11 of 21
Scholar

Problem with the Samsug is I am not as confident of the community to produce a replacement rom like they did for HTC Desire , Nexus One and others. So I would be more hesitant on buying one from AT&T with the AT&T restrictions and addons.

Message 12 of 21
Professor

VydorScope wrote:

Problem with the Samsug is I am not as confident of the community to produce a replacement rom like they did for HTC Desire , Nexus One and others. So I would be more hesitant on buying one from AT&T with the AT&T restrictions and addons.

That is a good point and something to keep in mind. The devs don't have a big interest with Samsung.

Message 13 of 21
Teacher

The only thing about the Galaxy S that really bugs me is how closely the UI resembles an iPhone. I cannot get past that. I'm sure it's changeable since it's Android and all, but on all the pictures I've seen it just has the simple, stupid iPhone layout. The hardware's amazing, but I'd much rather take the N1 (which will get A2.2 soon) or an HTC device since I trust in Sense, and I'm not sure about Samsung's software.

Message 14 of 21
Scholar

TrevorTX wrote:

The only thing about the Galaxy S that really bugs me is how closely the UI resembles an iPhone. I cannot get past that. I'm sure it's changeable since it's Android and all, but on all the pictures I've seen it just has the simple, stupid iPhone layout. The hardware's amazing, but I'd much rather take the N1 (which will get A2.2 soon) or an HTC device since I trust in Sense, and I'm not sure about Samsung's software.

If its anything like their touch wiz junk on the other phones i wouldnt want it... i hate their interfaces.

I dont see this phone making it to att before June though, its to new and we all know how ATT gets phones a good 6 months after their release elsewhere.

Message 15 of 21
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.

Additional Support