HTC slider in FCC...

Teacher

HTC slider in FCC...

http://www.androidcentral.com/htc-android-slider-makes-it-through-fcc-att-bands

What do yall think? Somehow I think it's gonna be low end, but at least we've got something coming...

Message 1 of 21 (1,718 Views)
Professor

Re: HTC slider in FCC...

Just doing a quick search, it looks like the last couple ATT HTC phones hit the FCC in June/July time frame for the usual October release.  So maybe this one will release a couple months earlier.

Message 16 of 21 (1,258 Views)
Scholar

redpoint73 wrote:

Just doing a quick search, it looks like the last couple ATT HTC phones hit the FCC in June/July time frame for the usual October release.  So maybe this one will release a couple months earlier.

Yea, i guess ATT considers ANNOUNCING a phone to be its release, thats the ONLY way the can meet their june 30 deadline.  They will not have all 5 out to the public by the date they set.  If it wasnt for not having any other decent provider in my area, i would be gone.

Message 17 of 21 (1,222 Views)
Scholar

cypherphone wrote:

redpoint73 wrote:

Yea, i guess ATT considers ANNOUNCING a phone to be its release, thats the ONLY way the can meet their june 30 deadline.  They will not have all 5 out to the public by the date they set.  If it wasnt for not having any other decent provider in my area, i would be gone.

It sounds as if they are going to try and make the claim they lauched the 5 phones by announcing them. Which they could make that claim by the end of June. But sorry I am not one that calls that a launch. And I donot even think they will make the announcement of 5 phones on android by June 30.

Message 18 of 21 (1,203 Views)
Scholar

Honestly I would not be surprised to see them released just after IPhone 4 hits. I suspect the "competive" reasons they keep refering to are to prevent them from competing with the new iPhone.

Message 19 of 21 (1,183 Views)
Scholar

TrevorTX wrote:

The only thing about the Galaxy S that really bugs me is how closely the UI resembles an iPhone. I cannot get past that. I'm sure it's changeable since it's Android and all, but on all the pictures I've seen it just has the simple, stupid iPhone layout. The hardware's amazing, but I'd much rather take the N1 (which will get A2.2 soon) or an HTC device since I trust in Sense, and I'm not sure about Samsung's software.

I have seen pictures.  I has a home screen and a daily feed screen that are different from the iphone.  The screens that have the apps on it definitely have the iphone feel.   The UI does not look as slick as HTC's new Sense UI, which I played with today at a Verizon store on the Droid Incredible.  I have to say I am very impressed.  If I was out of contract I would be a Verizon customer right now.

Message 20 of 21 (1,080 Views)
Highlighted
Teacher

[ Edited ]

I have an upgrade, but right now I'm on a family plan and I'm not paying for it, so I can't really switch to the big V. So I'm hoping AT&T will come out with something. It doesn't look like they're {word filter evasion} the Dell Aero too badly. I dunno about bloatware, but they're leaving everything Google on it. Search is even Google instead of Yahoo like on the Backflip. So it seems they're listening at least a little bit.

Message 21 of 21 (576 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.