Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted May 29, 2012
5:24:24 AM
View profile
HTC one x - facial recognition versus Exchange Sync Security

I bought my HTC One X and love it.  What an upgrade from my Blackberry Torch!   I enjoyed using the facial recognition security on the phone and then about 2 days later I could not sync with my work's exchange server.   The phone prompted me to enter a security pin.   I did.   Now I sync just fine.   However, I now have two issues 1)  I don't have the facial recognition software, and 2) even more annoying.  I have to log in every 5 minutes to use the phone.   It says that it is an exchange security requirement.     So my questions.   1)  Can I extend the time at least to have the phone on for say 15 minutes, and 2) is their a way to let the phones facial recognition software act as my security pin for exchange sync?

I bought my HTC One X and love it.  What an upgrade from my Blackberry Torch!   I enjoyed using the facial recognition security on the phone and then about 2 days later I could not sync with my work's exchange server.   The phone prompted me to enter a security pin.   I did.   Now I sync just fine.   However, I now have two issues 1)  I don't have the facial recognition software, and 2) even more annoying.  I have to log in every 5 minutes to use the phone.   It says that it is an exchange security requirement.     So my questions.   1)  Can I extend the time at least to have the phone on for say 15 minutes, and 2) is their a way to let the phones facial recognition software act as my security pin for exchange sync?

HTC one x - facial recognition versus Exchange Sync Security

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 29, 2012 10:08:36 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

I think those are all requirements of your Exchange server administrator.  You can't change them on the phone's end.

I think those are all requirements of your Exchange server administrator.  You can't change them on the phone's end.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: HTC one x - facial recognition versus Exchange Sync Security

2 of 2 (1,035 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments